• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
1 FAT PUG

406 Master Cylinder.?

1 FAT PUG

which model do i need or are they all the same.?? ( for the gti6 brakes )

Anthony

Early 406 non-ABS is what you need - these have 4 outlets and are the correct fitment for a 205 servo :)

welshpug

They are all 23.8mm but as Anthony said the non abs is 4 port ABS used a 2 port item, most do have ABS though which isn't an issue, grab a tee piece or two from a non abs 306, they're on the bulkhead behind the battery. :)

1 FAT PUG

ok cheers :-)

cybernck

Regardless if it's non-ABS or ABS, it has to be pre-1998 (or 1999) for a straight fit onto the 205 servo.

matt.f

I've got a 406 mc with 4th port blocked off,thinking of fitting this while I'm in the build process of my rallycar,but currently have 1.9 calipers(using 14" wheels).Thought I'd do it incase I ever want to change to bigger calipers in the future.

Just want to know does the 406mc just work like a 1.9mc when using 1.9 calipers,don't want it making it worse!

Tom Fenton

It will make the pedal travel shorter and the pedal feel harder, you will have to press harder to get the same amount of "stop".

Given that it's an easy job to change the master cyl in situ even with the engine in, personally I would not bother doing it until a change of calipers warrants it.

BlueBolt

Given that it's an easy job to change the master cyl in situ even with the engine in

Unless you go '6 engine... In which case do it before!!!

Edited by BlueBolt

matt.f

Might just get a new 1.9 mc then and save the 406mc and pedal box to suit incase I change at a later date.