• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
barry d

Roof Vent

barry d

im thinking of fitting a roof vent on my 205.any advice on the fitting of one would be a great help.Also are there any bad points to having one fitted.

brumster

The cheapy £90 ones are not all that effective without making a 'scoop' of some description on the front, but this isn't too hard to do. I took some spare acrylic I had left over from some door cards, cut it to size and used a heat gun to warm it up to the point where it becomes soft, then formed it around the edges of the roof vent shape. This effectively made a 3-sided 'hood' that I screwed into the front of the roof vent, providing an extended lip forward towards the windscreen. It scoops a LOT more air in now!

Just double-check every hole before you drill it, particularly if you've got a cage to negotiate. Hole-sawing the roof for the main vent is easy but I would get some edge trim to tidy up the edge of it; it'll be razor sharp afterwards.

c_robinson

if the whole saw might hit a cage pop a piece of thin wood or metal between the cage and roof so it doesn't mark the cage.

Like Brumster said, measure thrice, cut once and you'll be fine

harryskid

Are they water proof ?

c_robinson

no, anything but from experience