• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dynacord

205/50/15 Wheels

dynacord

hey there, I'm planning to go for 205/50/15 all round. However, there is a restriction at the events in which I'm participating. The rim protector cannot stick out of the wheel arch when looked from above :blink: .

I've tried some fox wheels 7J ET15, and the tires stick very little, but still noticeable. What offset should I go for? I can try some exip wheels (7J ET18, some unknown 7J ET10, and two sets of 1.9 GTI speedlines (6J I think, ET19). The speedlines should be OK I think, however, the sidewall of the tyres will be rolling on each corner I think?

I'm not a fan of spacers. If I manage to find those wide arches, there should be no problems I guess...

welshpug

205 is a tad wide for a standard 205 arch, also in a 50 profile they'll be a bit tall, they will rub a lot, and if on 1.6 front hubs knock the arch trims off and cut into the metal arch! on the rear they will catch the bumper.

offset would not need to be altered from standard.

dynacord

ok, I'm running 1.9 hubs and standard rear. I also think that 205 would be a bit big for standard arches. What do you think then for a 195/50 wheel (toyo r1r are a bit wider than normal 195 tyres) on a 7J rim? I just need to widen up the track a bit without going for 309 wishbones or camber plates.

btw, the car is lowered 30mm front and rear.

welshpug

a 195 50 would be a much better choice and would work well on a 7" rim if you dont want to do arch mods.

I just want to widen up the track a bit

;)

dynacord

thanks for the advise, I've read many topics on the forum and find yours and Baz' replies really helpful

Jarrus

Would 195 50 15's work on a Mardi Gras TD shell?