• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Stephen W

Steering Column Uj. Yet Again!

Stephen W

Hi guys I know this has been covered before but I've tried doing a search and not really coming up with any results.

Please can anyone tell me where the best place is to buy the lower column uj? I'm after the square drive type?

I tried euro car parts today but they say they can't get them.

Are Peugeot ones still available and are they expensive? Happy to pay around £50 to fix this issue with the steering.

Thanks Stephen

eastlondonpug

Maybe worth calling mac automotive (Ilford). They had some good OEM quality (new) old stock items when I ordered some parts off them sometime ago.

kenp

You really don't want to know how much the genuine Pug ones are.... they should have been gold-plated for the price :o

cybernck

Eh? Why do you need the whole lower steering column?

You can just get and replace the u/j (cross) itself.

They cost about £10-15 here but I'll know for sure once I get one or two for my cars :).

Stephen W

Yep! Try £84

I wasn't having much luck at finding one so bit the bullet and ordered one. Then as the old saying goes.....you wait all day for a bus then 5 come at once!

I then found a few I could get hold of but had already paid Peugeot so was too late. Oh well still need to see if the correct one has arrived!

Slo

what happened to the old one has it worn out? got play?

Stephen W

Yeah it's really notchy and stiff and creaks quite a lot. I spent a whole afternoon checking bits and narrowed it down to the lower uj. So took it off and it's very worn.

I have another from a car I stripped a while back but it's the earlier type so was gutted, when I found there was 2 types.

Hopefully should get the new one from Peugeot on Saturday and it better be the correct one as the parts guy said it is non returnable!

Slo

oof yeah thats the only down side to peugeot, im confused what everyone says about the "square type" ive just swapped from non pas to pas and the little uj part had the same connection on both racks altho both were different lengths

cybernck

Well, if anyone needs any, I'm more than willing to help out :).