• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
yeti-dj

Will A 306 Gti6 Rack Work?

yeti-dj

Hey people, haventriednsearching but can't find the answer that I'm sure someone will know.

I have a 205 gti with PAS but my rack is leaking so gonna replace it, I have a 306 gti6 phase 1 rack from the car I got my engine from but will this rack work ok in my 205. I can only find stuff on fitting the VTS rack?

I have the 306 rack and a square drive shaft so ready to fit if it will....

Can't wait to get my little car back on the road

Thanks

j_turnell

Not done this personally, but id imagine it would be just the same as fitting a xsara rack, youll need to either cut the track rods down or swap for 205 items, as xsara/306 items are longer, the rest should just bolt up.

welshpug

Same as fitting a Phase1 Xsara rack indeed, they are longer lock to lock than a 205 pas rack though.

you'll need a pas ram from a 5 speed car if you aren't running a 6 speed box.

yeti-dj

Pants, it's my RAM that's leaking and why I'm changing the rack, how much lock to lock will I miss if I just use the 306 as it is?

Or is my turning circle going to be horrible?

Thanks

allye

*Slight hijack*

WP - if I fit a 6speed ram to a 205 rack will it reduce the lock so it does not foul?

welshpug

not sure if it will be enough as the wheels are closer together, probably not quite.

not tried a 306 6 speed ram on a 205, but the other 306/9 rams are the same part number IIRC.