• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Slo

How Do You Tell A Genuine Bumper From A Patent Part One?

Slo

Hi ive just ordered a red front bumper insert from peugeot but im a bit concerned that its not going to fit my bumper as the insert that was on it is a totally different type of trim and so are the clips holding it on. Also the groove where it goes seems to be a lot wider although this maybe just an illusion because of the trim being so wide. So how do you tell? genuine or patent?

IMG_20120427_221809.jpgIMG_20120427_221759.jpg

It did have the same proper type clips as the rear bumper has as well but i removed all of em to black the trims and ill be buggered if i can find em to show. my rear bumper seems to be genuine, at least its got the same trim and clips anyways.

IMG_20120427_221409.jpg

deathbringer929

all oe bumpers ive had have been a heavy and non flexy grp/fibreglass type whereas the non oe rear bumper i have fitted to the rear is very light but also very flexible. hth.

Slo

hmm well going by that i assume they are both OE then as they are both very heavy and wont bend at all

wonder where the s*itty trim came from then its got aluminium wrapped in red plastic inside and outside thanks

Edited by Slo

gavbrum

If the metal clips pull out then you might be able replace them with the original plastic trim clips.

Slo

I've still got them somewhere, i only removed em so i could black the bumper but i cant find em for the life of me they were white and just pushed into the holes same as what in the rear bumper but these metal type must have been added with the weird red plasltic trim i just hope the new trim will fill the groove properly. is there a lot of difference between the front and rear bumper red inserts? ive seen they have different part numbers but they look identical from the grooves in both bumpers.

jeremy

all oe bumpers ive had have been a heavy and non flexy grp/fibreglass type whereas the non oe rear bumper i have fitted to the rear is very light but also very flexible. hth.

As he says! I to replaced a rear one, and just re-used the original clips. I agree your clips look different.