• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
szkom

Rear Beam Bushes-Options?

szkom

Hi all,

Just noticed that the front bushes on the rear beam have gone soft/perished.

I know that you can buy solid mount kits from bbm or standard. But I was wondering if a polybush option exists to help preserve the ride quality?

Thanks in advance

Anthony

To be honest, I don't really notice much in the way of deterioration in ride quality with the Group A solid mounts.

I'm not aware of any options for the front bushes beyond standard OE rubber ones or nylon solid ones though, although I'm sure there will be a polybush out there that would be the correct dimensions to fit.

cybernck

^ Link doesn't work.

While we're on the subject of rear beam bushes, it feels like the rear end of my silver 1.9 seems to unsettle

and change position mid-corner :huh:, sort-of adding instant oversteer effect, more sudden if it's a sharp corner

(or sharper turn-in anyway).

I've noticed the same thing with different front and rear shocks and wheels/tyres combination, so it's not that.

Would it be the front or the rear bushes or the fact the trailing arm shafts have some play in the tube?

szkom

I diagnosed mine by grabbing each rear wheel and giving the car a shake (car on the ground with handbrake on etc.) I thought my beam had given up, but I could see the bream move separate to the body with no movement between the arms.

My fault also results in a slight knock on occasion as well as a twitchy rear end.

Thanks for the input guys. I'll get some solid ones as bbm has a sale on them at the moment.

Paul_13 could you redo the link please? It doesn't seem to work.

welshpug

Would it be the front or the rear bushes or the fact the trailing arm shafts have some play in the tube?

hell yeah :lol: any/all of the above will create pretty scary handling.

cybernck

I know - I was trying to pinpoint to cause :D.

petert

Cheap. No crush tube.

post-2864-0-50606400-1335566342.jpg

post-2864-0-48990900-1335566354.jpg

szkom

Can I ask where you got those from?

Paul_13

I'd like to know too

Miles

As above, they really need the tube, nice & Easy to do, But I can speak to my mount supplier to see if there interested in making some hard rubber rear mounts like PTS used to

• Like 1

petert

Can I ask where you got those from?

A friend and I turned up a half a dozen sets a few years ago.

camgti

I have one of those sets on my 309 beam and they are excellent!

Cam

jord294

As above, they really need the tube, nice & Easy to do, But I can speak to my mount supplier to see if there interested in making some hard rubber rear mounts like PTS used to

If you can get similar made up miles, I'd take a few sets off your hands

camgti

I couldnt recommend them more highly. One of the best simple subtle mods Ive ever done and felt on a 205.

Cam

petert

Just make sure you buy the right nylon!

szkom

A friend and I turned up a half a dozen sets a few years ago.

Do you know the dimensions? I would measure up, but the car is a daily driver at the moment.

SurGie

That would be great, is there a possibility of getting some made very soon at all Miles ?

This is the main beam-to-chassis mounting points, with them being very firm but not solid i think would be the perfect set up for frequent road use/long journeys etc.

Miles

I'm taking about the rear rubber sandwich mounts, the fronts still can be bought from Peugeot, not cheap but when they last 20odd years you cannot complain

welshpug

I'd like some of those :)

SkyQuake

Hi,

I know I'm jumping in on an oldish topic, but I've been looking for these myself. I was hoping to get some powerflex bushes, but they don't do them for the rear beam as far as I can tell.

Accidentally stumbled upon these on eBay though.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330487720667&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en#ht_3043wt_1398

They look like the real deal; exact replacement. Does anyone have any experience with this company? I'm just a bit worried that they can't spell axle!

Miles

They are fine and have been around for a very long time, Just the staff are from all over the place

jackherer

Miles is spot on, Neat are useful for some OE parts but you often get a trainee (or so it seems) when you phone up.

SurGie

Ive had that problem with trainee staff, i confuse them with the info, so they hand me over to the main man and then it gets sorted lol.