• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Eliganza

No Brake Pressure, Help!

Eliganza

As per title, replaced the front brake setup on my 1.9 to Gti6, brand new m/c and pipes. Have bled system and there is no air in it, but the pedal is going straight to the floor. Anyone have any suggestions as to what this could be? Need to get it sorted asap! Cheers

Eliganza

Original one, non abs, 20.1mm (or whatever the 1.9 one is)

Liquid_106

That could be your problem - the GTi6 Calipers have a larger piston (57mm?) so require greater movement of the pedal to make them work. Do you get any braking force at all?

Eliganza

Not really no, I may stick the old calipers and discs on for MOT if needed. Wouldn't think the m/c would be an issue though...

Liquid_106

Just to add - some say that they have normal brake pedal travel when using the standard MC & '6 calipers, which is why I say it 'could' be your problem ;)

Anthony

Standard MC will work fine, just gives slightly longer pedal travel.

If you've bleed it through several times and there's still no resistance on the pedal, even after allowing sufficient pumps to push the pads out to the disks, it could be a faulty MC. If there is resistance but it feels terribly spongy, then there is probably still air trapped in the system - I tend to find that a pressure bleeder works much better than the "pump the pedal" method.

Sinbad

You could have blown the seals on the MC when bleeding it up.If you start giving it rock all straight away they turn inside out.

I start off by doing small short pumps by hand (ooh er!! lol),then carry on as normal after there is resistance.

Eliganza

Twas a leak as it turns out, in one of the rear lines. I have pressure now but I think there's a problem with the servo. The pedal feels nice, but if I hit the brakes a few times in quick succession, it goes all.wooden as if the servo has lost vacuum?