• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
listerboy

Dive Planes / Canards

listerboy

does anybody make dive planes or canards as sometimes called, for the 205 front bumper? would rather buy than have to get some made.

welshpug

what are they?

EdCherry

I can produce them if you can give me a drawing or sketch of what you want and ultimately what you want to achieve by them.

Cameron

Do you have a splitter & flat floor already? If not, dive planes are going to be pretty pointless.

• Like 1

Batfink

please dont! they look stupid on normal cars.

kyepan

check out wardy's undertray - it's the shizzle.

MiniGibbo

It's the newest rage, all the local Honda civics have them..

listerboy

its amazing you ask a question and all you get is other peoples opinions, not the reply you ask for.

1. yes i do have a flat floor, a splitter and a diffusser, and yes i do understand aero.

2 things only look stupid if YOU dont like them

I will check out the said undertray, thanks

I think ill give technical questions a miss from now on, but thanks

• Like 1

Batfink

maybe give more information about your intended use in the first place. If you ask a general question expect general answers.

I'd be very surprised if generic off the shelf canards will help as angle and shape are going to be critical. I'd expect better results from understanding the airflow round the whole front of the car and implementing other improvements.

Lets see pictures of said car then?

Edited by Batfink

Cameron

Alright don't cry about it.. if you just post vague questions like that then people aren't going to have a clue what your intentions are.

+1 for pics.

listerboy

its not vague! its asking for what i need. as i have said on other posts over 20 years of motorsport and much windtunnel time have taught me all i need, im not saying that your ideas are not valuable, just saying.

when the car is finished photos will be up and the car will there for all to see.

as for crying..... well if you want a conversation as a 12 year old, pop down the local school, this forum is for big boys.....

• Like 1

MiniGibbo

Im sorry Alan i should have read your biography first before replying, dont beat me..

kyepan

I will check out the said undertray, thanks

if you look at his user name, a link to his photobucket account is there, and the pictures are on that. Great big thing, that pretty much runs the lenght of the car.

he also appears to be working on a larger rear spoiler to help airflow off the roof, it looks similar to the smaller variant of the group b t16 wing / pulsar gtir wing.

Edited by kyepan
  • Like 1

kyepan

http://www.carbonmods.co.uk/Products/Carbon-Fibre-Bumper-Canards---Set-of-4__CMBC4001.aspx

the link is discontinued and generic..

but a google of bumper canards seems to give some results that might help if you can find something that has a similar radius you may be able to adapt..

Apologies about some of the responses here.

listerboy

hey we are all human haha not beating any one baby its a free world

Batfink

Generic look a poor fitment which certainly will not help guide the air. Surely mocking something in fibreglass and making it yourself is the best option.

listerboy

you are right, and i have a fabricator coming tom to do some work on an alloy body shell i have in the work shop, i will get him to make me a buck to mould off of....... photos to follow shortly

Cameron

its not vague! its asking for what i need. as i have said on other posts over 20 years of motorsport and much windtunnel time have taught me all i need, im not saying that your ideas are not valuable, just saying.

when the car is finished photos will be up and the car will there for all to see.

What you need to appreciate is that someone who joined within a fortnight with minimal posts isn't going to be understood immediately, so to post up asking where you can buy dive planes from with no background as to why just makes people assume you're 17 and want to fit them 'cos you've seen them in Max Power (or whatever the kids read nowadays).

There was nothing sinister about asking whether you have any other aero to go with it, so don't get so defensive.

Tom Fenton

Hmm, seems to be an ongoing trend here, Cameron accusing folk who take umbrage to his forum manner, of being defensive.

Listerboy, please excuse the forum at large, they seem to react with horror to anything that is not considered "the norm". I am guessing the clue is in the name, and you were in some way involved with the Lister GT cars, if so you may know a friend of mine who was involved in running the ex-factory Lotus Esprit GT car.

Henry 1.9GTi

I had an image of a duck doing a "bomb" off a diving board.

Perhaps I should get some more sleep!!

listerboy

i am sorry if i have offended also !! much like my self lifes to short.

yes your right i work on the lister storm gt1 gt2 and lmp cars !!!!!!!!!! more than 10 years 7 lemans, 2 daytona 24hrs, sebring 12 hour and many gt championships across the world!! started my own classic team to get away from the long hours, now work even more running cars all over the planet from goodwod revival to ......... but still love my 205s

Henry 1.9GTi

Dive planes have alot of drag associated with them don't they? I would have thought for a car like a 205 with minimal ground effect even with a splitter, floor etc. as ride height wont be low enough or controlled enough to see big gains. Or is it on said car? Also relative speeds of a 205 are quite low so with drag being a function of velocity^2 might not have such a big impact. Also applies to downforce however....

In answer to the OP, I aint got a friggin clue!

Do a laptime, put em on, do another laptime. Sorted.

Cameron

Hmm.. seems to be an ongoing trend here, Fenton abusing his position as a mod to insult me. No doubt I'll receive another warn for this?

Tom Fenton

I do not see any insult, stop being defensive.

welshpug

give it a rest Cameron, was there any need for that post?

Edited by welshpug