• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
john-melbourne

Ice Options For A Cti, What Have You Guys Got?

johnnyboy666

Ah i see, so you just jizz your short instead then yeah? :P

I'm the same, dont really need massive bass as I mainly listen to metal (death/thrash/black/doom) so the 6x9 are more than ample for that. Mind you when ocassionally stick a bit of something bassy on the 6x9s can make it sound like theres a sub in the boot ayway

Metal miki

the man has music taste ;)

i stay away from real heavy bass these days though, even the likes of opeth deliverance with its cascading drum solos near the end sounds immense with just my JL VR's up front and TR coaxials in the back. its all you really need unless you listen to s*itty dance music thats designed to give you a migrane lol

johnnyboy666

Ahh you cant beat a bit of opeth! I must admit though I do tend to give the speakers a bit of a work out when I put At The Gates on. Slaughter of the soul never fails to put a grin on my face :D

john-melbourne

what components have you guys managed to fit into the standard door cards in the front doors? I take it the cti and gti have the same door card and can take the same size and depth of speaker in the front doors? where do you then position the tweeters and crossovers?

Thanks guys

Wes

i have fitted jl components in the doors with a load of dynamat and flush mounted the tweeter in the blank bit below the side air vents on the dash. you can just see it in this pic. i hid the crossovers up behind the dash. there is loads of depth behind the speakers so any 13cm/5.25" speakers should fit.

0232.jpg

Edited by wes205mi

BlueBolt

That's very tidy that!!

john-melbourne

i have fitted jl components in the doors with a load of dynamat and flush mounted the tweeter in the blank bit below the side air vents on the dash. you can just see it in this pic. i hid the crossovers up behind the dash. there is loads of depth behind the speakers so any 13cm/5.25" speakers should fit.

0232.jpg

0232.jpg

Was that easy enough to do with the cutting out and wire placement?

John

jeremy

I mounted an alpine balancer in the exact same position, plently of room for that so cannont imagine it would be too difficult.

Wes

There is a fair bit of room behind, I had to trim a bit of the plastic behind just to get the depth for the fixing bolt. Just pop the vent trim out and you will see. I used a hole saw to cut the holes out.

steve@cornwall

Just come back from local scrappy with a pair of component rear speakers from the rear of a Mk 4 (i think) Golf cabrio! these are very slim line and actually fit in the rear panel, allow the rear window to still go down and even clear the winder handle! Not high science, or even high end - but an enormous improvement on the front only set up!!! And putting the roof down doesn't completely smother them as 6x9 etc in the parcel shelf does. Very very happy at a princely £3 for the pair !!!! :D

IMAG0429.jpg

IMAG0431.jpg

Edited by steve@cornwall

steve@cornwall

yes, it needs a clean! :blush:

cocopops2001

very nice, I also have a CTi which I am about to start work on. Minor mechanicals and then turn my attention to the ICE. I had the same thoughts about fitting 6x9s but with the roof down I doubt they would not have been very effective.

I had wondered what sort of thing could be done with rear speakers and it seems you have solved that problem for me. Bravo. Ill be hunting for Golfs at the scrappys over the weekend.

omega

Just come back from local scrappy with a pair of component rear speakers from the rear of a Mk 4 (i think) Golf cabrio! these are very slim line and actually fit in the rear panel, allow the rear window to still go down and even clear the winder handle! Not high science, or even high end - but an enormous improvement on the front only set up!!! And putting the roof down doesn't completely smother them as 6x9 etc in the parcel shelf does. Very very happy at a princely £3 for the pair !!!! :D

IMAG0429.jpg

IMAG0431.jpg

tell me its not just held in with one screw and the magnet on the metal.

steve@cornwall

for now ;) See how they go before cutting etc..... Had some good rain since and they're not soggy so...... They actually hang there without the screw, as they have a quite substantial mounting behind them (VW mounts) so will most likely mount them on some plates behind then you won't even see the one screw ..lol