• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
IanH

Wishbone Bush Recommendations

IanH

Whats the current take on front wishbone bush recommendations for a 205 Mi16 track car?

Due to an engine rebuild Im in the middle of, Ive decided to remove and powdercoat the front subframe and all suspension components.

It will be using the standard subframe, which I'll be seam welding when I get around to borrowing next doors mig welder.

It's also getting some 309 GTi wish bones when I find them, and hopefully some 309 GTI driveshafts.

I'll probably be using the original 17mm front arb as it seems easier to get new bushes for these.

The rear axle is from 309 GTI with an uprated arb and solid mounts.

I've done my research and there seems no definate answer for which bushes to use at the front, standard peugeot, polyrace, polybush, powerflex etc.

Cheers for any advice.

welshpug

standard, cheap work and last, also come with shiny new bolts

Daviewonder

What sort of price wp?

matty_gti

Just get Peugeot ones. :)

Ryan

You can order all the parts separately, but Peugeot also sell a kit which has the bushes along with new nuts and bolts. The part number for the kit is 3599.07, and it's currently £28.78. I can't remember if you need one kit for the car, or one for each side though.

Anthony

As said, standard OE ones.

I used to recommend the Polyrace/Polysport ones that Rally Design sold, as the previous sets me and friends had lasted exceptionally well - mine were on 30k miles or so and still going strong. However, I think that they must have changed the material or something since they were bought a few years back, as the newer ones don't seem to last anything like as long - I know Paul_13 killed a set in just a few thousand miles, and the ones on my current 205 I suspect are on their way out too by the feel of it :(

IanH

How hard / soft are the Peugeot OE ones compared to the supposed upgrade to polybush / polyrace etc?

I was under the impression that this upgrade would stiffen the joints between the component parts, eliminating unwanted suspension geometry variation for cars set up for track purposes. Is there really not that much difference between OE and polyurethane bushes?

I wont be racing this car, but as I said, I've got the front suspension laying in pieces on my garage floor so its a perfect time to upgrade before it all gets bolted back in again.

kenp

You can order all the parts separately, but Peugeot also sell a kit which has the bushes along with new nuts and bolts. The part number for the kit is 3599.07, and it's currently £28.78. I can't remember if you need one kit for the car, or one for each side though.

Kit does both sides.

It's actually cheaper to but the kit (with the nuts and bolts) than it is to buy all the bushes on their own.

Edited by kenp

SteveW

I also need new bushes in my 309 lower arms, is this peugeot kit the same for 205 and 309 gti's ?

Ryan

There's a different part number listed for the 309 (3599.09) but it's no longer available. All the bushes and bolts are the same in both kits though, so a 205 kit will fit.

SteveW

thanks Ryan

Miles

Had issue's with the Pug ones now, A mates rally car doesn't even seen a 2 day event with these on and the last few kit's the rear bush hasn't been a Keilber item, So it looks like we might be screwed