• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jonb_5

Suspension Question

jonb_5

Hi,

I have a couple of suspension questions...

At the moment the back doesnt feel very springy however the front does, quite a bit so.

I have been advised to keep standard spring rates and ride height etc but am wondering how this will effect running Avon ACB10 tyres, being that they are cross ply.

If I keep the standard ride height, would stiffening the front suspension with some stiffer springs help, or do i need to upgrade the coil overs etc.

Regards

Jon

j_turnell

A bit more info would be good. What's the car used for? Back axle in good order? Your description is a bit vague can you elaborate?

I certainly know the acb10s don't like anymore than around -1.20 of neg.

jonb_5

The back axle looks OK but I have not taken it apart and will be doing this in time.

The car is used for hill climbing and track days hence the harder tyre, I will invest in something softer when finances permit.

The idea is to put 306 wishbones on as well to give some negative camber.

I have been looking at the Eibach 7011-120, which was meant to keep standard height but make the suspension stiffer?

Regards

Jon

jord294

309 wishbones will give negative camber