• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
gavbrum

Mudflaps

gavbrum

Can't believe how much these are going for!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-205-GTI-Genuine-Original-Front-Mudflaps-OEM-Still-Dealer-Packaging-/200736044912?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2ebcccf770#ht_1289wt_1348

I've got a brand new set in the packaging I'm thinking of selling rather than putting them on the car. I'd be scared I kerbed them.

allye

That's a little bit disgusting!

miamibungers

Blimey, they don't even look to be the soft rubber ones either?!

(null)

welshpug

LMFAO.

cRaig

I paid 30 quid for a pair, new in packaging last year and still felt like I'd been ripped off :D

Ryan

They're not even the real originals. They're the crappy plastic ones they sold later - which will snap and fall off the first time you catch them on a speed bump.

They don't even fit correctly. The mounting points are for base models and they sit at a weird angle unless you make extra holes in them.

Edited by Ryan

welshpug

you are meant to make extra holes, its in the instructions for them.

nothing wrong with those unless you run the car very low.

matt.f

Jesus,getting the way ford RS parts are!

welshpug

Not really, Genuine RS parts haven't been available from dealers for a loooong time :lol:

miamibungers

They have for the focus rs mk2? My housemate had the rs badges/vents nicked off his 59 plate rs & it cost him 278 bucks to get them replaced from ford :-(

(null)

welshpug

I meant proper RS stuff, not badge engineered stuff :P

miamibungers

Oh right -_-

Anyway, here is what the 'proper' mud flaps should look like img1346ur.th.jpg

welshpug

naah, proper ones are square bottomed.

Ryan

The proper ones look like this, except without the brackets as these are rears.

post-5273-0-00134600-1333731254_thumb.jpg

miamibungers

What the hell are they off then, they've got the 205 GTI badge with proper holes for the badges & associated rear clips, mounting brackets etc, plus they fit a treat & are rubber?

img1347vy.th.jpg

I bought them off Phil H along with a set of original deep pile carpets. I think they are from an early one as I've only ever seen ones with just a GTI badge on it?

Sinbad

i have 1 proper genuine one.

Gutted lol

flipperthebushkangaroo

The proper ones look like this, except without the brackets as these are rears.

post-5273-0-00134600-1333731254_thumb.jpg

These are the ones i bought for mine back in 89 (long gone now though i'm afraid, none were left when i got it back). They came with both 205 and GTI badges, which you fitted was up to you.

Ryan

These are the ones i bought for mine back in 89 (long gone now though i'm afraid, none were left when i got it back). They came with both 205 and GTI badges, which you fitted was up to you.

I bought fronts and rears in 2005. The fronts were the crap plastic ones that both snapped and fell off within a year. The rears were still the old rubber ones. Both sets came with badges, but I took them off because having "GTI" on the car five times was a bit silly.

stufarri

I have a spare front and rear set - still in the bags.

I wanted to keep them but at these prices I may change my mind!

gavbrum

I have a spare front and rear set - still in the bags.

I wanted to keep them but at these prices I may change my mind!

Im thinking the same.

Para

Guys I have very interesting mud flaps on my car. They are covering the whole arches in my car, going right from the front of the front wheel all the way to the back and ending with a normal looking flaps. At first I thought they are not genuine one but after removing them I spotted a stamp saying 205 GTI and a part number. For me it's the best stuff you can get as it's not only protecting your wing but also the whole arch.

Henry Yorke

Guys I have very interesting mud flaps on my car. They are covering the whole arches in my car, going right from the front of the front wheel all the way to the back and ending with a normal looking flaps. At first I thought they are not genuine one but after removing them I spotted a stamp saying 205 GTI and a part number. For me it's the best stuff you can get as it's not only protecting your wing but also the whole arch.

They sound like arch liners and would be a great solution to the rotten inner wing issue!