• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Carbs4me

Anti Roll Bar Drop Links

Carbs4me

Hello,

My MOT is due next week, so i quicky had a look to see if there was any worn bushes or anything that they may fail my car on, my anti roll bar drop links where knackered...

So i go down to my local parts shop, order parts.

So i get round to fitting them last night, took the part off my 205, only to find that the ones i have been sent are about an inch taller(lenght) than my existing ones, and the thread on the link itself will not fit through the hole on my suppension. (The little hole near where you push your brake line on to)

I have koni suppension, could this be something to do with why the hole might be to little? or does it sound like its a wrong part?

Cheers,

Anthony

welshpug

sounds like 106 droplinks.

Carbs4me

looks like im gunna have to take them back...

and possibly see if pugoet still stock them if they cant get me the right parts.

S@m

As above, that sounds like 106 or saxo droplinks which have a m12 stud at the top, whereas 205 ones are m10.

And peugeot do still do them...but they cost £69.98+vat...yes really.

Sam

Carbs4me

OMG.... i was about to ring them literly fought they would be about 20-30quid each. Well the box says there for a 205 Gti but they wont go in the hole :(

welshpug

take them back as they're obviously wrong, not an unheard of problem I'm afraid.

I got some FAI ones recently which fitted just fine, and said Xantia on the bag even though they were listed for a 205 :lol:

Edited by welshpug

Carbs4me

does it matter that they where longer than the ones currently fitted?

Do they have to be exactly the same size as the ones that came off?

EDIT:

I took them back at dinner, have to finish work now and hope that they get the right ones!

Edited by Carbs4me

welshpug

Doesn't matter if they are slightly longer as long as the pair match, mine were the same length though.

• Like 1

chipstick

The Peugeot prices make your eyes water.

Motaquip are the preffered brand aren't they?

Edited by chipstick

Miles

They do fit but you have to space them out or you'll find that they may hit the hub on lock, There's around 6 lengths of these

Carbs4me

when i went back they had a diffrent set, which where exactly the same size in lenght and the threads where also the right size. Fitted them last only to find my bottom ball joints on both sides have gone too!

Cheers for the information tho!