• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
johnnyboy666

Seating The Wishbone Pin Into The Hub

johnnyboy666

whats the best way of getting the wishbone pin into the correct position in the hub? as currently its almost there but ive got about 2mm further to go before the pinch-bolt slot lines up exactly.

I remember a few years ago putting a jack underneath and gently raising it whilst tapping the hub with a hammer, I seem to remember this caused it to suddenly slip through and bugger up the rubber boot bit.

of course I dont want to do this again!

one side went in straight away and was easy to get in, this side is giving me trouble. Could this be a sign of damage to the hole? In which case it would be a hub change, yes?

would I be better off pulling it back out, cleaning the hole out with some wd4o or something and then try again?

205kenny

By pin, i assume you mean the bottom ball joint?

If so, they quite often need a bit of persuation to go in. I'v always just given them a slight tap with a hammer, while looking though the hole, until the ball joint is in the correct position.

welshpug

thump the hub/disc inwards as you push upwards on the wishbone, they just slide in then.

allye

Like WP says, you tend to need to get the bottom on the hub to move inwards a little for it to go in completely.

johnnyboy666

thats good news then, I'll have another go tomorrow, Im waiting on some new pinch bolts anyway so the car wont be going anywhere til I get those.

I was giving it a good tap with the hammer, but hadnt thought of moving the hub to get it straighter

Paul_13

Like what is said above, push on the disc/bottom of hub (towards the car) while pushing the wishbone BJ upwards and it'll slide it.

35NM for the pinch bolt, no less no more.