• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Andrew C

Oil Temperature Warning Light

Andrew C

Hey guys,

Pulling in to the driveway i noticed a dash light on the oil temp gauge i had not seen before.

photo1sdd.jpg

i checked the oil and it seems to be full.

the gauge is working and it doesnt show the oil being too hot.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Andrew ( on behalf of a friend )

dcc

it might be shorting onto the block. the sensor is on the back of the sump with a single wire going to it.

GLPoomobile

I didn't think there was even a bulb behind that part of the dash! If there was, there would need to be a separate switch to operate the warning light, just as there is a switch and a sensor to operate the oil pressure gauge and warning light, and a switch and sensor to operate the coolant temp gauge and warning light.

Most odd!

miamibungers

Strange! I didn't think there was a bulb there either! Ask your friend to take a picture with the ignition turned so all the dash lights illuminate. Somewhere along the line it may have been wired into the oil pressure or temp switch?

(null)

S@m

I have a spare set of gti clocks (ph 1.5) here in front of me as it happens, and whilst there are tracks on the pcb and a slot for a bulb, there is no bulb in that particular one. Strange.

Sam

ade 4wd

No 205 has never used that warning lamp so there shoudnt be a bulb there. Also there will be no wiring in the loom for that lamp. Looks like the loom or dash has been modified in some way.

kenp

No dash I've ever seen has had a bulb there either, however noting that the pad-wear indicator on that dash says "BRAKE" instead of the usual disc symbol and the fact the OP is showing as from Oz, is it possible that export (non-euro) spec cars may be different?

Andrew C

Thanks for all the comments and yes it is an export model to Australia. Will explore further to find an answer cheers