• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
firstcar_205gti

Spares Repairs Or Parts :( Advice Needed

firstcar_205gti

well tonight i hit a curb sideways very stupid and now very gutted after 2 and half years with no crashes. would like to put it back on the road but i i dont know if top mounts are repairable? if anybody intrested let me know or if anybody can advice on repairs. post-19599-0-12930500-1332639936_thumb.jpgpost-19599-0-50197200-1332639955_thumb.jpg

Liquid_106

Everything is repairable, depends upon how much you're willing to pay :(

I'm guessing it's damaged the beam mounts then or is it just the beam that's fubar? Post some pics if you have them, I'm sure infinitely more qualified will be able to judge better then I could.

Get it fixed and learn from your mistake ;)

welshpug

I know a guy in Windsor that may be able to help, drop Pugtop a PM.

firstcar_205gti

Everything is repairable, depends upon how much you're willing to pay :(

I'm guessing it's damaged the beam mounts then or is it just the beam that's fubar? Post some pics if you have them, I'm sure infinitely more qualified will be able to judge better then I could.

Get it fixed and learn from your mistake ;)

umm im not sure i cant really see as its a little low on the ground :(

firstcar_205gti

a few pics of the damage:

img0764gp.jpg

Shot at 2012-03-27

img0768dd.jpg

Shot at 2012-03-27

img0772m.jpg

Shot at 2012-03-27

img0775lc.jpg

Shot at 2012-03-27

Liquid_106

Wow, proper job - didn't realise you'd done both wheels! 99% sure I've read on here that you can hammer down domed strut tops and you can replace the strut & hub etc. Beam can be replaced so I guess it just depends if the chassis is 'tweaked' and by how much. Can you see any ripples / folds round any suspension mounting points, boot floor / subframe etc?

firstcar_205gti

Wow, proper job - didn't realise you'd done both wheels! 99% sure I've read on here that you can hammer down domed strut tops and you can replace the strut & hub etc. Beam can be replaced so I guess it just depends if the chassis is 'tweaked' and by how much. Can you see any ripples / folds round any suspension mounting points, boot floor / subframe etc?

ye i heard that aswell dont know how to match the other side though or the ride height will be different on each side :wacko: and nope cant find any signs of ripples folds cracks etc and all body panels seem the same as they were before. dont really know what to do with it as i dont have the knowledge to fix it myself and to pay somebody to do it wouldnt be worth repairing it :( Edited by firstcar_205gti

sensualt101

ouch! that truely rates highly on the scale of errors of judgement! :( but i am pretty sure thats repairable but obviously going to cost if you cant do it yourself or have mates who can help at mates rates!

however i am sure someone on here would be able and willing to help as i have never seen a better forum for both quality of knowledge and mechanical ability of the members! and most here would rather see a 205 gti on the road rather than being another going to the great scrapyard in the sky so maybe it will only cost you beer money! sit tight and see what offers and replies you get!

firstcar_205gti

well 6 months later the car is in working order now with help from a few other people :) just one thing i need help with because i have no idea whats wrong here :( . the car seems to drive in a straight line however when you set off quickly is pulls very hard to the left and the steering feels a little loose any suggestions? cheers

• Like 1

chipstick

What have you/have you not replaced on the front left?

Something slightly bent - perhaps not obviously visible?

Batfink

Can you give a rundown of what parts got replaced.

When my brother hit a curb at the front he managed to bend the front subframe...

firstcar_205gti

What have you/have you not replaced on the front left?

Something slightly bent - perhaps not obviously visible?

so far ive replaced outer track rod end, drop link, wishbone and driveshaft

jackherer

When a mate of mine crashed a 205 he bent one of the steering arms on the hub by an almost imperceptible amount, it was just the tiniest kink visible on one of the straight edges, once it was replaced the car was transformed.