• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
stef205

Top Strut Mount Rattle

stef205

Basicly i have a rattle and a knock when driving, and on the top of each strut the top cap rattles side to side, Is this the rubbers gone or the bearings, its no. 4 on the picture below

2C50A50A.gif

Also can you fit the comp brake adjustable mounts on standard shocks i have spaxs but non adjustable. Instead of buying new top mounts i will buy them if they will fit, any help much appreiciated.

welshpug

spherical bearing top mounts need longer top spindle threads, so unlikely your spax dampers will fit, you also need smaller diameter springs.

if the top cup is moving around that's likely to be something missing or a loose top nut, even with a shot rubber and bearing it should be tight as it is clamped against the shoulder on the damper rod.

stef205

ive had a issue with the rattle before i had to buy shocks with lightly shorter shaft as the springs were shorter. Or should i source some new springs?