• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mark_ashley

205 Rallye Front Subframe Setup

tomcolinjones

and if you are using a newer type ma box, iirc the diff pushes out the shafts a bit more than the xs ma box's, shouldnt be a problem.

mark_ashley

and if you are using a newer type ma box, iirc the diff pushes out the shafts a bit more than the xs ma box's, shouldnt be a problem.

I assume the vts box will be what could be described as a newer type..So i may give my standard shafts a blast, see if they still reach even with the extra width. I should have just powder coated my original subframe instead of poking my nose around, my shopping list was much smaller back then :)

tomcolinjones

they will definately reach, its just the problem of the joing coming apart when on full lock. go for it! if you are worried then just go for the 205 gti arms and subframe, pick those up sued cheap. fit peugeot bushes and weld on the gear joint. gti struts, jobs a goodun

mark_ashley

they will definately reach, its just the problem of the joing coming apart when on full lock. go for it! if you are worried then just go for the 205 gti arms and subframe, pick those up sued cheap. fit peugeot bushes and weld on the gear joint. gti struts, jobs a goodun

OK, found a subframe I will be hopefully collecting. Maybe tonight, we will see. Fingers crossed in 5 mins my 309 GTI ARB and Wishbones will also be ordered :)

tomcolinjones

Have you got any pics of your car? start up a build threat on here, help a few people out who may be doing the same thing as you. imho 205's look mean with 309 bones when they are chasing you in your rear view mirror! especially when they are lowered a bit. you will notice a big difference in grip too. my worry is what plans you have for the rear? 309 arb on the front is going to give you lots of understeer unless you get a stiffer one on the back to match. stiffer front = under steer, stiffer rear = over steer . It depends how you drive and where you drive.

mark_ashley

Have you got any pics of your car? start up a build threat on here, help a few people out who may be doing the same thing as you. imho 205's look mean with 309 bones when they are chasing you in your rear view mirror! especially when they are lowered a bit. you will notice a big difference in grip too. my worry is what plans you have for the rear? 309 arb on the front is going to give you lots of understeer unless you get a stiffer one on the back to match. stiffer front = under steer, stiffer rear = over steer . It depends how you drive and where you drive.

I wanted to start a thread but i felt it would be too boring. I may do though. I bought the car a few years ago (my third white rallye) and its been a lenghty process in amongst buying motorbikes and going to work, but now i am cracking on with it. where as before i only wanted to do so much as i didnt want to spend loads, im now thinking i will just spend whats necessary to get it sorted.

Rear suspension will undergo the same treatment as the first. will be getting thicker ARB and Torsion bar than it currently has and GAZ coilovers all round if i can push myself to spending that much.

I had it finished and went in for MOT other day, but the engine i bought packed in on the way, took it apart and found this!!!!!! Spot the loose nuts lol.

cap.jpg

So it has come out, new engine ordered and bay stripped and painted whilst it was out. Hence the removed subframe and the decision to go mental on the front end. May as well get it done whilst its all out. Rad is next item of concern.

Edited by mark_ashley