• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
fatony1

Securing Braided Hoses To Bilstein Group N Dampers...?

fatony1

What is the preferred method? From what i can see a standard (fat) brake hose has a grommet/sleeve around it which slots into the bracket on the damper, obvliously a braided hose doesn't have this so what does everyone do? Or can you buy the grommet/sleeve seperate from Peugeot?

shalmaneser

one zip tie around the damper body nice and tight, with another zip tie poked through it at right angles but done up loose to allow the hose to move a bit. Or variations on that theme. I've had to put some leccy tape round my hose and some zip tie movement limiters to ensure that the hose doesn't touch the wheel or rim.

Miles

Cut the rubber off the old pipe and fit it over the braded hose, or with dampers without the clip use a couple of cable ties, one round the pipe, the other round the damper much like the clips that hold the brake pad warning light cable on

pug_ham

I also use the rubber grommets from the original flexi's but most I've seen recently have a split rubber so you don't need to cut them off.

g

tunnicliffe

I cut mine off flexi's and put them around braided hose fitted in just right