• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
johnnyboy666

Anybody Used Trackrite/trackace Tracking Guage?

johnnyboy666

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Trackace-Trackrite-Laser-Wheel-Alignment-Tracking-Gauge-/180800836984?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a1891d578

anybody tried these?

Ive got a few suspension changes planned which will require the tracking being redone probably more than once, so I was wondering if these are any good?

they look a little flimsy, but some of the reviews seem good

http://www.trackace.co.uk/Contact/Trackace%20Your%20Opinion.html

although the reviews are on their own website so I'm unsure how geniune they are

johnnyboy666

ok so I'm guessing nobodies tried them then! Anybody have any opinion on whether it would be worth a punt?

MiniGibbo

For the £50 a time it costs i dont think you can beat getting your car set up on a hunter machine.

Ive not had the 205 done but theyve worked wonders on my other cars in the past..

welshpug

£50 seems a bit excessive, last time I paid £15.

• Like 1

johnnyboy666

Last time I think I paid about £30+vat and they got got it hideously wrong and wrecked my tyres in a matter of weeks!

no suprises that was kwik sh!t, when I took it back to complain, they re-checked it and it was something like a degree out on one side and 2 degrees out on the other!

johnnyboy666

cant read that without logging in!

Turbo7379

That item looks the same this one from gunson so should be a quality bit of kit.

http://www.gunson.co.uk/item.aspx?cat=676&item=7258

I have one of these.

http://www.gunson.co.uk/item.aspx?cat=676&item=1812

It is very simple but it really works & it has paid for itself tenfold. My 406 had a problem of pulling to the left. I took it to 2 different tyre places to get the tracking checked on their high tech laser 4 wheel alignment kit. Both said my tracking was spot on. :blink:

I checked it at home using my trackrite- both sides out. Problem was caused by the steering rack not being centred properly. I spent an hour carefully lengthening one track rod & shortening the other & checking each time. When I finished I had cured the pull & alignment was perfect. :)

Went back to my local tyre place & told them I had cured the fault their expensive kit couldn't with a £50 piece of plastic & showed them the trackrite. They were sceptical & offered to check the tracking again for free. It came up 100% on their machine as I knew it would. That equipment is only as good as the operator & a good one should know to centre the steering rack, not the steering before he starts.

PhilNW

Many years ago Got fed up being charged a fortune for tracking so made a simple measuing gauge from square tube welded into a long u shape , with one fixed end and long bolt to use as a gauge, then measure difference between front and back of inside of wheels at centre line of wheel (allowing for any bent wheels)

Still going strong after 20 years and never had a problem with tyre wear

Just make sure it is stiff enough to prevent flexing between measuring front and back.