• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Para

Squeaking Brakes - Please Help

Para

After finishing my car build, there is only few things which annoy the sh*t out of me ! Car is put back together on new parts but every single time I brake there is a mad squeaking noise coming out from the front brakes.

My setup is brembo's from 406 coupe @ front , new genuine Peugeot 406 coupe brake pads and 288mm EBC discs. I guess this setup is not right. Everything under standard Speedline 15"

Thanks for any suggestions and help,

Mike

• Like 1

BlueBolt

The squeeling comes from the brembo's. Common fault on the coupe forum.

It's something to do with one of the little plates the pads sit against which bends and causes the annoying noise... there is a cure for it on their forum, 406coupeclub.com , an alternate to that is to use one of the coloured-stuff pads, I used redstuff on my coupe and they never squeeled at all....

Chris

Edited by BlueBolt

GLPoomobile

I would 2nd that. I have Brembos on my Alfa and they squeel like a piggy under very light breaking.

BlueBolt

For a full refurb then I have found this link on their site.

However, one of their "Guru's" had a good explanation...

The background is that Brembo manufacture their callipers in alloy for light weight and so have to protect surfaces which are subject to rubbing and abrasion and they do this with stainless steel rubbing plates. The alloy under theses plates corrodes with time and the corrosion product forces the plates upwards which reduces the diameters of the calliper where the pads fit. Thus the pads no longer fit to the tolerances of the design and start to behave errantly in sue. They vibrate and squeal. New Brembos never squeal and many think that it is something to do with the choice of pads but this is only a contributory factor. Most pads would be fine if the callipers where in as new condition.

Edited by BlueBolt

Para

Great, I wish I could know that before I fit them :o:lol: