• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
kyepan

406 Master Cylinder On Ecp .. Right One? Size 1 ? Size 2?

kyepan

Screenshot2012-02-13at140849.png

This is the only four port one they list - i need a three port (1.6 brakes at the rear) and will be blanking one port off.

I don't understand what length 1 and length 2 relate too. i'm guessing bit that goes into the servo, bit that pokes out of the servo.

36, 34.5, 33mm are the various length 1s available, although it's academic as they are all 2 port, is there an adjustment rod?

Does this look like the right one for a 205 with Mi-16.

Am running 307 HDI 283mm setup - and am trying to avoid any pedal feel debate that seems to rattle about when ever this is discussed.

Alternatively i am going to go for the

Master Cylinder

Brakeparts.co.uk

BMC5134 brakeparts, master cylinder

non abs - 4 port plus 2 blanking plugs

406 1.8 16v petrol

cheers

J

pug_ham

Length 1 could be the distance the m/c sits inside the servo & length 2 the amount that sticks out into the engine bay I agree.

There is a history of people that use the 406 m/c having to adjust the brake servo rod to suit so the brakes aren't binding slightly or to take up soms lack in the pedal travel iirc.

I had a look on the pagid website but can't find any further info about the m/c's to help clarify this.

g

kyepan

Thanks for looking graham, i tried to do a bit of cross referencing on ECP today, to try and work out what the L1 (internal length) of the original 3 port 1.6 205 one was. And it looks like depending on where you go that varies too..

So it may just be a case of suck it and see, how exactly are they making adjustments to the rod length? is it on a thread?

Cheers

J

pug_ham
how exactly are they making adjustments to the rod length? is it on a thread?

Yes, you can adjust the servo pushrod length, iirc its a pair of 8mm nuts locked togther.

g