• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Tjalde^

Replacing Heater Blower - Anyone Other Fits?

Tjalde^

Hello,

My heater fan is squeking so everything is normal :)

But now I am tired of driving a car in the winter with no heat or air. Is it possible to replace the blower with one from a 206 or something newer than the 205. I am aware that it might not fit 100% as a unit, but it might be possible to replace the engine only.

Anyone who has tried something like that? I have regreased it before, but it simple does not help very long.

I hope someone have tried this.

Best regards,

Jens-Jakob

SebRad

Hi, while I can't offer any advise on other heater fans that fit I do know you can get brand new Valeo one. This is what I did for my car and now the heater blower works great, lots of air and no squeal. Hopefully will continue to do so for some time as is a new unit not an already worn out 2nd hand one. Seemed like the best solution, but perhaps not the cheapest.

Regards, Seb

harryskid

Definatly get a new one as said, my second hand replacment has started to squeal like a pig and its not used every day!

engine killer

206GTi one fits but require a few hour modification. my mechanic friend did it for me so i didn't know how but as he said it is not rocket science and is simple enough for someone with mechanical mind/passion.

ps. the 206 blower blows stronger and quieter too.

BlueBolt
Seemed like the best solution, but perhaps not the cheapest.

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Peugeot_205_1.9_1990/p/car-parts/car-cooling-parts-and-car-heating/heating/heater-motor/?219735010&1&8a3ac6b0bda88a82366fa0cb48de8a222c6b6e26&000190

Definitely not the cheapest!!! Do agree at it being a good idea though!!

Tjalde^

Thank you all very much for the answers. I have thought about buying a new one, and I am sure it will last for many many years.

On monday I try to visit my local scrappy to se some blowers from newer Peugeots so I can get an idea then.

Thank you!

Leon

I paid about £30 for a brand new heater blower last year.

harryskid

Had a look at my pig today and its better now that i took the f**king oak leaf out of it :lol:

Josh_Quant

206GTi one fits but require a few hour modification. my mechanic friend did it for me so i didn't know how but as he said it is not rocket science and is simple enough for someone with mechanical mind/passion.

ps. the 206 blower blows stronger and quieter too.

like to see this :)

Baz

£90 for new or >£30 for a known/tested good used one, like everything it's your choice to make!!

I personally am happy with used ones if in good order, because it's hardly a hard part to swap at all, (unplug, 3 screws) and i have a few spare! Unlike something like a heater matrix where they're a bit fiddly to change and available new for relatively low money.

omega

never had to replace mine but it looks simalar to a 406 one

Tjalde^

I do not now how many 205's there are in GB, but I do not see a 205 every day here, so the used parts is now easy to acces. It might end up with buying a new one, or else I will try to find a 206 blower and make a guide.

• Like 1