• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Putt4par

Tyre Pressure

Putt4par

What sort of tyre pressures do you recommend for normal road use? I run 215-40-16's and used to run quite low pressures, around 28psi but wondered what the consensus here is?

johnnyboy666

there should be a sticker in the drivers side door shut, next to the catch. I think it may be along the lines of 30psi front 28psi rear or similar. but thats assuming the same tyre size is standard. As it isnt, I would use it as a guide and suit pressure to your driving style. It might also advise you on the tyre sidewall.

Too high or too low pressure will be bad to drive and dangerous!

too low, and you may damage the tyres, and find the car pulling all over the place

too high and you'll struggle in wet, and may increase understeer and 'lift off oversteer'

engine killer

as per my experience with 205/45-16, i sticked with 30psi.

since i switched back to 195/50/15, i currently have 30-31psi front and ~29psi rear. i found the slightly higher pressure gives a firmer sidewall which makes steering more "lively".

it is better to try out your personal preference.

Edited by engine killer

Putt4par

as per my experience with 205/45-16, i sticked with 30psi.

since i switched back to 195/50/15, i currently have 30-31psi front and ~29psi rear. i found the slightly higher pressure gives a firmer sidewall which makes steering more "lively".

it is better to try out your personal preference.

there should be a sticker in the drivers side door shut, next to the catch. I think it may be along the lines of 30psi front 28psi rear or similar. but thats assuming the same tyre size is standard. As it isnt, I would use it as a guide and suit pressure to your driving style. It might also advise you on the tyre sidewall.

Too high or too low pressure will be bad to drive and dangerous!

too low, and you may damage the tyres, and find the car pulling all over the place

too high and you'll struggle in wet, and may increase understeer and 'lift off oversteer'

Thanks guys for the sound advice, will try out the 31 & 29 option and take it from there.