• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
far4ngn

Seat Material

far4ngn

Guys

Anyone know if I can get secondhand seat material in the UK? Any small companies you trust that could ship the stuff to NZ?

Cheers

Paul

far4ngn

I've managed to find two damaged front seats here in NZ, will try and use for parts :)

cybernck

Good, that's the easiest way.

But if you do a quick search, you'll see that a member of ours has been investigating it for

a long time now and still has no luck finding a reliable source / stockist of the original material.

far4ngn

Yup already spoken to him, he's actually found his own source and is currently testing the weave...so a great move forward. He's been very helpful.

dch1950

Hi,

Just to correct what seems to be a misunderstanding. There is no source of original insert fabric. There have been a few Warehouse discoveries of roll ends of "Quartet" but as there was only enough for about 20 cars the French flogged it off to the "Club de France" members PDQ. Any source is therefore from second hand seats.

I had a replacement (near) "Quartet" look alike fabric made up at my own expense. I am testing this at the moment. The black needlecord cloth is available and I have pointed this out in my many threads on the subject.

thanx

Dave

Cameron

Dave, do you have any pics of your replacement seat covers? I've had a look through your website and can't seem to find any.. would be very interested in seeing the alcantara ones. ^_^