• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jonny6

406 Master Cylinder Clearence

jonny6

Im gonna be starting my MI16 conversion in a month or so and im just gathering as much info as i can before finding stuff out the hard way , my car 205 has a 406 master cylinder fitted , i know the standard master cylinder is very snug to the cam belt cover , am wondering if the 406 mc will foul the engine ?

Can anyone speak from experience ? thanks .

Anthony

Different cars seem to suffer MC clearance issues worse than others due to massive variations in shell tolerances, but the body of a 406 23mm MC isn't much (if any) larger than a 205 20mm item and as such doesn't cause any particular problems over and above what you'll potentially encounter anyway.

jonny6

Different cars seem to suffer MC clearance issues worse than others due to massive variations in shell tolerances, but the body of a 406 23mm MC isn't much (if any) larger than a 205 20mm item and as such doesn't cause any particular problems over and above what you'll potentially encounter anyway.

:lol: cant bloody wait .. Thanks Anthony .

Anthony

To be fair, as engine conversions go, Mi16's are pretty simple / straightforward and have been well documented over the years.

Just take your time to do it properly as the devil is in the detail so to speak :)