• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Fox

Length Of Square / T-Head Bumper Bolts?

Fox

I need to get hold of some bumper bolts to put the 205 back together, the rectangle head ones like below.

bolts.jpg

I belive the front and rear are different lengths, and it looks like the shorter ones (front?) are no longer available, the longer ones are available on Ebay, for a premium…

My local engineering shop think they may be able to get something similar, at no where near the £5 per bolt ebay price!

Does anyone have a set they could measure for me? Length/width and size of the rectangualar head? Otherwise I'll have no option to buy some from ebay, just to measure! Obviously if they can source something suitable, I'll buy a job lot and offer them to other members on here!

Baz

It's the rear-side ones that are different length to the rest iirc, otherwise they're the same!

I have some somewhere i can measure for you when i find them! :ph34r:

welshpug

they're about £3.50 from peugeot, long ones still available, short ones only as part of the fixings kit.

Fox

Hmm, £3.50 isn't that daft I suppose, for Peugeot anyway!

My local dealer said they were NLA? I presume the longer ones can be trimmed down?

Baz, if you could that would be great, I'll get a price at least!

Weser

I dug this thread back up hoping someone could tell me the size of nuts on the bolts pictured or what size socket to use? Also the front bumper ones can you undo them though the hole in the channel that is fixed to the side of the body shell? Thanks

Tom Fenton

They should be 13mm but many years of rust mean a 13mm socket it unlikely to fit well. I will go as far as to say that unless it has been apart in the last few years expect to either shear the bolts or have to resort to Mr. Angle Grinder to get them off.

Henry Yorke

Grind them off anyway otherwise you stand a good chance of them marking the bumper when they spin. I was lucky on my skip that a careful wire toothbrush and Plusgas and a careful wind and unwind approach got them all off whole.

Weser

Got the fronts off ok they were not that rusted so is promising that the sides will come off. Not worried about the bumper as thats what I'm changing. Tried the 13mm but not sure it was properly on either that or as Tom says its rounding. You can access it from the inside of the arch though the hole? You don't need to take the u channel off first? If I cant undo them is it best to drill the square head off? Cheers.