• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Lowercase

Sunroof Deflector Issue

Lowercase

hi guys, my sunroof is the vacuum style one but the wind deflector was missing when i bought it, so the car looks like this:

DSCF2124.jpg

DSCF2125.jpg

pretty gash. so i bought a replacement off a chap on here, but it doesnt look like its hte right part to me, as the holes in the deflector dont line up with anything, and it doesnt seem tall enough to fit over that horrid lump on the roof and the rubber seal doesnt come close to sitting flush on the roof. heres the pics, just wanted to make sure theres not sumthing simple that im missing before i ask for my money back.

DSCF2126.jpg

DSCF2130.jpg

DSCF2128.jpg

any help please :)

Leon

Your deflector looks like the two I have (one on the car, one in the shed)

Your sunroof, however :blink:

Edited by Leon

sharpm

Doesn't look like an original pug part to me.

The one on my car doesnt look anything like the one you've bought.

Miles

Aftermarket roof that one I'm afraid, any parts will be unique to that make I'm afraid and I would say getting spares would be impossible unless your lucky to find someone breaking a car with that roof but again most don;t fair well

BlueBolt

Agree with ^^

Looks like mine, but what's the lump bit in the middle of if??

Lowercase

no idea, its riveted on though, and you could well be right that the sunroof itself is aftermarket.

what do you think my options are?

remove it and fit a normal pug slidey one, fill in any holes that remain from the plasticy business, or just outright remove the sunroof altogether, blank it from inside so that it sits flush and blend it in for spray?

seen that done on a renault 5 gt turbo at work, i dont want to have to reskin the whole roof though.

cheers for quick replies

james_pug

I think the deflector I have is different to your but I don't think it'll come up high enough to clear that bit in the middle, your only option may be to cut one to fit?

sensualt101

Your deflector looks like the two I have (one on the car, one in the shed)

Your sunroof, however :blink:

i am looking for a deflector for my car so do you want to sell your spare? what condition is it in?

Lowercase

can have mine if you want mate, is no use to me.

sensualt101

can have mine if you want mate, is no use to me.

pm me with a price if you like? i been looking at your pics and have to say i have never seen a sunroof like that?

Lowercase

yea, i might try remove that plastic cover on the weekend and see whats under it

deathbringer929

Agree with ^^

Looks like mine, but what's the lump bit in the middle of if??

that sunroof is near identical to mine which is a britax sunliner (windy handle inside) although mine has a solid black textured deflector with a small kick up to the rear. the mounts are slightly different though. have spent hours trying to find a replacement to no avail. probably just be pure luck to find one even then condition may be poor.

jeremy

that sunroof is near identical to mine which is a britax sunliner (windy handle inside) although mine has a solid black textured deflector with a small kick up to the rear. the mounts are slightly different though. have spent hours trying to find a replacement to no avail. probably just be pure luck to find one even then condition may be poor.

I tend to agree with this, as it looks very similar to that of my old 1.6, as it too was fitted with a Britax dealer fit option. It too had a solid deflector as oposed to see through.

Lowercase

mines electric - no windy handle inside, so who knows, annoying really. i feel dealing with this sunroof may dent my £500 max budget for doing it up :\

omri617

using this thread to ask :

how can i know for sure if the vacuum is working properly?

removed the black thin rubber hose that's attached to the sunroof seal and blew into it and the seal got air in it

but when i connect everything back and open the handle : no movement

is there a pump for it?

or what?

omri617

using this thread to ask :

how can i know for sure if the vacuum is working properly?

removed the black thin rubber hose that's attached to the sunroof seal and blew into it and the seal got air in it

but when i connect everything back and open the handle : no movement

is there a pump for it?

or what?

Also , today i removed the plastic grill (next to the firewall) and discovered the black box used for vacuum is disconnected

how does everything work?