• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
oli-pug

Wishbone Bushes For Track

oli-pug

This is a cry out to the suspension gurus and racers on here.

Im in talks with a local fabricator to modify a spare set of 309 bones i have to use a rose jointed end ala PTS spec. Now i want to fit uprated inner bushes, all the poly bushes on the market seem pretty dire for us so whats the alternative?

Ive seen nylon and nylatron used before mostly on the elises i used to work on, then theres just a harder shore rubber which seems to be available off the shelf for some cars but not the 205...

Any clues where i can buy some off the shelf or have some made?

Edited by oli-pug

shalmaneser

Most people seem happy with the standard bushes. I'm running some polybushes in mine which came with the wishbones which seem to be doing a fine job, don't know who made them though unfortunately!

A chap on 306gti6.com is making roller bearing wishbones for 306s, might be worth popping over there and seeing if he can help you out?

allanallen

I was toying with making some bronze(or similar) bushes last year, after seeing a few mx5 race cars using them. with a ring trip looming though I stuck to what I knew and fitted some oe pug ones.

It's on my list of things to do though.

oli-pug

The o.e bushes are very very good and well upto the job on most cars. Thats what i have in my wishbones at the minute and theyve held up well. Probably 6 trackdays, 10k road miles and still in decent condition!

Im just trying to minimise any geo changes on my car as its mainly for track now.

Superpro do a polybush kit which is largely untested from what ive seen on the forums.

I did think about speaking with rich about roller bearing but tbh, the 306 kit is a lot of money... around £200 last time i looked! Id rather spend less on a component thats still upto the job then put the rest towards driving the damn thing.

Allanallen, id definitely be interested in a set if you do go ahead with them then! Looks like ill be spending some good hard earned on bridgecraft bits then!

Rippthrough

Try Nylube, it's what I run as the bushes for the off-roaders.

welshpug

http://www.nylacast.com/semi-finished-product/nylacast-nylube

do you just stick it in the lathe and turn it to the required dimensions phill?

I'm sure I have seen a 205 wishbone with spherical joints instead of the inner bushes, and the usual welded in insert and rose joint on the outer end.

Edited by welshpug

oli-pug

Nylube looks ideal!

Im sure ive seen some in a peugeot sport catalogue too welshpug, think they were in the 1600 grp.a file.

Rippthrough

http://www.nylacast.com/semi-finished-product/nylacast-nylube

do you just stick it in the lathe and turn it to the required dimensions phill?

Pretty much, either add a grease groove down the middle for some lube or drill holes to act as pockets.

Superpro bushes should be fine if they do a kit though, run those on the 4wds, they outlast anything else I've tried and have a bit more give/resiliance than Nylon.

Edited by Rippthrough