• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
fatony1

Gti-6 Caliper Rebuild...

welshpug

foot pump or bicycle pump should work.

• Like 1

BlueBolt

Good call, does the end of the flexi on a bike pump fit the thread?? Will find out tomorrow I guess lol

Next question is...

The sliders seem to be greased up, is there a specific grease or will copper slick do??

Edited by BlueBolt

welshpug

definitely not copper grease, red rubber grease or lithium grease etc will sufice

allye

As WP says, really make sure you use a rubber grease not normal grease as that eats rubber = seized calipers.

BlueBolt

That's a good enough reason to go find something better then lol

Thanks

(null)

BlueBolt

Just joined the servicebox site to try and find the part numbers for the pistons in case I need to replace them, wanted to get a price so I know what I'm looking at and potentially order them if they're cheap enough but am struggling to make sense of the site from my phone and unable to get to a pc at the moment, could someone please check for me and let me know the part number for them??

Also, while on the subject of servicebox, is there any major gain to becoming a paid service member or is it a good enough tool for use with free membership to it?

Edited by BlueBolt

BlueBolt

The rubber seals that go over the sliders which were on the calipers were equally tight on both ends, the ones in the Bigg Red set I've bought are tighter on one end than the other...

I've put the tight end on the slide bolt but thought i'd see what people thought about the way round they should be before I put them on the car??

Glad to say I've finally got round to finishing them off today lol

(null)

Russ_T

Can anyone tell me where you buy the GTi6 caliper rebuild kits from please? I keep reading about Big Red but have no idea who/where to find them. Brakeparts.co.uk have rebuild kits for £13 and slide kits for £27. I could try Peugeot I suppose ...

Thanks

Tom Fenton

I have used Brakes International recently for bits for my laser 1600 Bendix calipers. I dealt with Jason Paterson and cannot recommend him/them enough, very helpful. jason@brakesint.co.uk 01706 666999

S@m

I recently rebuilt some ZX 16v calipers using genuine citroen seal kits, but with pistons bought from brakesinternational, as Tom mentioned service was top notch!...The dealer seal kits were good quality aswell.

Sam