• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
damo

Pas Set-Up On Gti 6 Conversion

damo

Hi all,

I'm in the process of putting a gti 6 engine in my cti that had PAS. I've got all the old 205 PAS set-up and the 306 PAS setup (PAS pump on the engine). Whats the best way to run the pipes? I'm going to use the 306 PAS fluid bottle on the wing so my thoughts are -

Run the 306 high pressure pipe drivers side of my steering rack and round the wing and up basically with and cam cover?

bin the cooler pipes as i cant see why they are needed!

low pressure pipes bumper side of the steering rack and up and over like the high pressure pipe cam belt side of the engine? fuel line area.

Or should I use the old low pressure pipes and run them over the gear box and allong the front? What has other people done for their set-up running PAS in a gti 6 conversion.

Damo.

Edited by damo

Miles

Use the 306 high pressure pipe as it is, the low pressure can be either from the rack up and under the engine mount or from the Loop

pugpete1108

i have just used the 205 pas pipework and res with the 306 pump. i have rerouted to cooling loop to run along under the radiator.

i have a lower rad and cone filter tho so have a little more space to play with

all fits very well apart from the slam panel is close to the low pressure feed to the pump (have chopped mine a little to clear)

shalmaneser

The high pressure side just bolts up really, not much to it. The low pressure side is just a question of personal preferance really, I put a Xsara header tank on the inner wing and ran the low pressure return and feed pipes along the front of the engine. I left the cooling loop there for simplicities sake really, more effort removing it.

Some people appear to have been able to twist the large diameter feed pipe on the pump round 90 degrees to make the hose run a bit nicer, but I couldn't do it with worrying about shearing the bloody thing off and leaving me with a knackered pump so I just left the hose routing looking a bit untidy.

you can kind of see here...

pics048.jpg