• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
layton1985

Dab Radio Advice

layton1985

Hi I have bought a new Kenwood headunit, it has a built in parrot hands free via bluetooth, ipod ready the lot awesome unit, it's DAB though and someone mentioned I might need a different arial to recieve the DAB stations? Is this true and if so is there an arial similar to the original 205 arial that I can buy?

Thanks Lee

P_Monty

I think DAB signals are slightly higher frequency than FM, so if you want absolute perfection, the aerial will need ton slightly shorter. However, that's to achieve perfection - if you're in a decent reception area, the standard one should work .

kyepan

Hi I have bought a new Kenwood headunit, it has a built in parrot hands free via bluetooth, ipod ready the lot awesome unit, it's DAB though and someone mentioned I might need a different arial to recieve the DAB stations? Is this true and if so is there an arial similar to the original 205 arial that I can buy?

Thanks Lee

which one did you get out of interest?

as i've been looking at a few!

layton1985

I haven't got one yet and a friend says you have to change the ariel as fm is radio waves and DAB are digital waves totally different??????????????

P_Monty

Your friend is talking s***t. They are both radio waves, the only difference being FM is frequency modulated with an analogue signal, DAB is digitally modulated. If you live in a decent reception area the standard ariel will be fine - with one exception - if you've got an external head amplifier, that might not work due to be DAB being at a slightly different frequency.

Edit - I ought to say that if the DAB heads use a different aerial input you'll need to swap the plug over .

Edited by P_Monty