• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
boldy205

Paint Code

boldy205

Evenin! I have been trying to find the paint code for my 1991 (J Plate) Miami, so far i have found nothing on the haedlight pannel, but did find M0MY on the forum search, thanks for the guide!This is great but it does not state the year. I thought there were differant shades for the years?

Thanks for any help.

Matt

welshpug

all the same codes, just different shades.

boldy205

Hmmm, how do i know what shade? Would the paint supplier ask for a code and a year for example?

Thanks

Matt

Anthony

Yours will be the darker shade (the earlier limited edition Phase 1.5 Miami's were a lighter shade) but even then there's several minor sub-shades.

Any good body shop or paint supplier should be able to match the colour though

boldy205

Never simple is it!! Will take a bit of the car with me then. Doubt i could ever notice the differance?!

Thanks again!

Anthony

You will certainly notice between the earlier (lighter) and later (darker) shades as it's pretty obvious, but the sub-shades are - I believe - very subtle and just variations taking into account slight differences in mixing the paint and variations in paint fade over the years.

Earlier (Phase 1.5 limited edition) shade:

i15607.jpg

Later (Phase 2) shade:

100_3459.jpg

Not the best photos out there, but hopefully sufficient to see the difference

SurGie

Paint codes

This forums website has Anthracite grey as MOTW which is Graphite grey on my slam panel markings. The above will give you the right code.

The later Miami shade is one of my favorites when it comes to 205 GTi's, not keen on the lighter shade tbh.

Edited by SurGie

d7ve_b

All I'll say is good luck getting it matched. I have a phase 1.5 miami and I went through a bit of an ordeal getting some paint done on mine, but that could of been down to my choice of bodyshop! Linky linky.

Para

Is it not the same shade for both of the phase1 and 2 cars ? I thought that it just because paint can fade with age of the car... the older then blue will look brighter and less vibrant... ?

d7ve_b

No they're noticeable different. Early Miami FTW!

ponz

Ok, so there are two different shades of Miami, but only one paint code listed? The paint code MOMY, is that the later, darker shade?

welshpug

there's more than two shades, plus fading....

boldy205

I asked for MOMY at the paint shop and what they gave me was a pretty good match to my J plate ( later shade) Miami. Its very slightly darker than my original paint, but where it it u hardly notice it. Think the only real way is to get them to match it.

Thanks for all the help.

Matt.