• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
fatony1

306 Rear Shocks On A 205?

fatony1

I saw on here some time ago that 306 GTI-6 rear shocks were a good upgrade for 205s, brilliant i thought, so i popped into my old work (Motorfactors) and bought a pair of brand new KYB rear shocks to fit a 306 GTI-6. Sadly, what I have since been told, is it's only original Peugeot GTI-6 shocks that are considered an 'upgrade'. I've also had a little look online, and it seems they list the same KYB part number for all 306's so they are typical aftermarket crap (one size fits all etc! :( ).

My question is, could i still use them? They'll be going on a 309 rear beam on my 205, i have Bilstien Group N fronts.

Thanks in advance :)

Anthony

Well, they'll fit fine, but whether they're an improvement I couldn't say - KYB is normally some of the better pattern stuff though.

I'd say they'll probably feel a bit mis-matched with the Group N (Challenge?) Bilstein dampers on the front though.

Generally speaking though, it's the OE GTi-6 (and similar) dampers that are well regarded as a budget setup for a road going car.

fatony1

Yeah Challenge dampers on the front! What do you recommened as a good damper for the rear to match the fronts mate? :)

Anthony

Matching Bilstein Challenge rears would be the obvious suggestion - certainly I ran Challenge dampers all round on my last 205 with 309 front and rear running gear and that seemed to work quite well, although certainly on the firm side damping wise, and I'd probably be running them now if it wasn't for the other (Skip Brown) Bilsteins I've also got and that are a little softer and better suited to a road car.

fatony1

Makes sense and sounds good :)