• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
JYGTI

Seats

JYGTI

Guys, I have a perfect passenger donor seat for my project car which i want to make into a drivers seat, as the bolster is warn along with some cloth. I can take this off its base frame and attach it to the drivers side frame, the problem is that the seat adjusting wheel which makes the back go up or down is on the wrong side, does anyone know how to move the wheel to the correct side and will it still work? Thank you in anticipation.

Anthony

Whilst it doesn't strictly answer your question, you can leave the wheel on the "wrong" side and it will work fine, although it does sit quite close to the tilting handle on a 3dr subframe. The only thing that you can't fit (without modification anyway) is the lower plastic trim piece, but to be honest that's never bothered me.

IMG_4412.sized.jpg

That's my 205 with both front seats having originally started out as passenger seats.

m_attt

can you not take it to an upolster and have them swap the cover and bolster foam

thug pug

Hi mate, I have just redone all the seats in my CTI and as said above I used the original frame and swaped the foam and cover over as these are the same on both drivers and passanger seats. I did the job myself in about an hour and its not a hard job to do and even if you don't fancy it yourself I don't think a upholster would charge much.

Rab E.

Miles

Swapping is the best way, you will find allot of the time the frames broken as well so ideal time to weld it all up

JYGTI

Thank you for your replies. I will try and change the cushions over then. Is it hard to get the metal clips/staples back into the base to keep it tight? Thanks again.

Pugleyrich

It is quite easy to get the clips back in. You will find that some may rip through the foam of the seat base when you take them off, but you can make new holes elsewhere. Perfect time to put replacement bolsters on too if they have collapsed.

thug pug

I have also used in the past small electrical cable ties and do just as good a job as the metal staples.

Rab E.

jeremy

Instead of using the original hog rings, I used electrical copper wire say 2.5mm twisted together with pliers then cut neatly.

JYGTI

Thanks guys. I did it and it has come out really nicely. Thanks again for your help.

Henry Yorke

Pics please Jonathan!

stufarri

Stick some heated elements in there too - nothing better than this in the CTI!