• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
tommy gun

Leaking Rear Windows

tommy gun

hi all does anyone have any ideas how i can stop water leaking in through my rear windows besides buying new seals.

is there a way to tighten the glass to the seal?

its just started to happen, came out to the car and there was an inch of water in the back.

Tom Fenton

Remove the seals, get them in a bowl or bucket of water as hot as you can get it to soften them up a bit, then with either a helper or one end under your boot, play tug of war with it to stretch it. Then refit. Usually the leaking problem is because the seal shrinks and leaves a gap.

omega

you can buy a silcone sealer that will do the job as well

harryskid

you can buy a silcone sealer that will do the job as well

If you use this method make sure every thing is clean and dry befor you apply it ! Also give it a few hours befor letting it get wet !

shonkers

Remove the seals, get them in a bowl or bucket of water as hot as you can get it to soften them up a bit, then with either a helper or one end under your boot, play tug of war with it to stretch it. Then refit. Usually the leaking problem is because the seal shrinks and leaves a gap.

im gonna try that cos mine are leaking aswell

christopher

Does this really work? Don't they have metal in them?

I thought the only way to fix these was to cut and shut. So cut them in a coulee of places and add cutoffs to plug the gaps.

I still wonder if custom standard door seal strips would work. They can be bought by the metre at racing supplier places like merlin motorsport.