• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Will Eastman

Headlight Question

Will Eastman

I was wondering if somebody could shed a little light on my predicament (pardon the pun). I have got pretty dim headlights and im going about fitting relays and re-doing all the earthing points plus some lovely new bulbs. But I have noticed that my headlight units are very dark at the back, and im wondering if this is possibly why they aren't illuminating the road so well.

As you can see they look pretty dark don't they. My 205 XS wasn't like this and nor was my brothers so i thought it was a gti thing to make them look cooler, but now im not so sure. Any help would be much appreciated.

IMG_3206.jpg

Daviewonder

They do look pretty dark, probably tarnished over time. Gti's had the same lights as all 205's. Might be time for some new lights :)

chris205gtioliver

I took mine in for a pre mot last year and was told that on one of my headlights the reflective stuff had perished so I bought a new headlight, the new one is different in design and looks to be a different color than the old one on the ok side if you know what I mean.

welshpug

my 205 failed as the silvering had come off the reflectors a few years ago, they looked much like that.

second hand pair on there and they were back to being shiny again.

they seem to be around £30 each these days :)

Will Eastman

Thanks, well I guess il be looking out for some then, is it worth getting second hand ones from a breakers or just going for new ones off ebay?

Cheers

harryskid

I brought a new set and i think thats the sort of money i paid, mind you that was about 2 years ago !

Miles

Get a new set, the later ones are a better design with the reflective material in all of the light, New ones are around £28.00 each for Lucas or a-bit more for Valeo one's, Don't get the cheap ones as the beam pattern is well cr*p

Daviewonder

I had a look into getting some New Valeo ones a while back, not a lot of change from £100 :)

Alan77

I had a look into getting some New Valeo ones a while back, not a lot of change from £100 :)

carparts4less

£46.20 for a pair of Valeo headlights. Nice.

Daviewonder

carparts4less

Bloody hell that's cheap! I was quoted around £35 each + Vat direct from Valeo.

Daviewonder

Just ordered a pair of headlamps and indicators :D

erbs

I'm after some new fogs but cannot see them on the website :(

harryskid

I don't think you can stiil get those , not dead sure though!

welshpug

one reason that may be is that 205 gti's tend not to have FOG lamps at all :lol:

harryskid

one reason that may be is that 205 gti's tend not to have FOG lamps at all :lol:

Does he mean the two driving lights at the bottom ?

erbs

yes if we are gonna get specific the 2 rectangle lights at the bottom of the valance, i can give you dimensions if you still not know which lights i mean lol ^_^

harryskid

I tried to get a set of those and they told me they were not made anymore.I used the holes for brake ducts but you could get over the problem by using after market lights.

Daviewonder

carparts4less

Just to warn anyone trying to purchase the "Pair of Valeo Headlights" for £46.20, it's actually a round inner lamp for the Morette quad lamps :(

erbs

judging by that its under 2 left and right headlamps,you would automatically think that it was for the same pair?

misleading...........http://www.carparts4less.co.uk/headlight

pug_ham
Just to warn anyone trying to purchase the "Pair of Valeo Headlights" for £46.20, it's actually a round inner lamp for the Morette quad lamps :(

Best get a pair of the normal Valeo headlamps for £24.60 each after returning the incorrectly supplied parts.

Although if you look at the product detail you ought to have realised there was something wrong;

post-71-0-04989000-1325174476_thumb.jpg

g

Phil H

-Eurocarparts just about matched the price for me in Northampton today for a pair of headlights and had them on the shelf too. They also come with the sidelight holders and the respective 5w bulbs !

Edited to add that they are Valeo units.

Edited by Phil H

allye

Fits left or right, shape is round and weighs 400grams :lol: