• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
JoshGti

Master Cylinder Seals

JoshGti

One of the seals on my mc is leaking, just fitted my rear lines and noticed the level has dropped a LOT since fitting the fronts, so it's leaking a fair bit.

Are they generic or specific items? Does anyone know the size off hand to save me measuring?

Ta

Tom Fenton

Do not muck about with it, buy a new one, fit it, take old one directly to skip.

allye

Never come over all tight fisted with fluid containing parts such as the master cyclinder! I did once, spend all day trying to bleed a siezed, 2nd hand once <_<

They don't cost very much either.

JoshGti

The mc itself is fine, but I must have disturbed it when I put the front lines on as it didn't leak when previously on the road. Now the seal won't seal properly, so no point in buying a complete mc, just wondering if I can get new seals to replace them.

GLPoomobile

I bought some from Pug a few years ago. Pretty cheap.

Miles

Well after buying a brake calliper seal for a 106 at over £30.00 I might be wrong but I cannot see them being that cheap now

Anthony

Assuming that you're talking about the two seals between the MC and the fluid reservoir, they're part number 465411 (DBA/Bendix type) and are £4.57 inc VAT each according to Servicebox and presumably still available since they're not listed as NFP :)

To be honest though, if the MC hasn't been replaced in the last few years, I'd be tempted to replace it as a matter of course - they're about £30 for a standard 20.6mm GTi one, and that usually includes the two seals in question too. If the MC is original then it's probably on borrowed time by now.