• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
omri617

Gti Front&rear Bumpers Are Same As All 205?

omri617

phase 2 , 1992 GTI . are the bumpers the same in all Phase 2 GTI? should it fit for me if i buy a used bumpers from like 1997 205 Forever?

thanks

Anthony

205 GTi and non-GTi bumpers are slightly different, primarily at the sides where the arch trims attach.

However, given your location and what I would imagine is a distinct shortage of 205 GTi's, I'm sure that you could adapt a base model bumper to fit and look reasonable without too much effort. I've not personally done it, but in principle I don't think it would be that difficult to do unless I've overlooked something.

omri617

205 GTi and non-GTi bumpers are slightly different, primarily at the sides where the arch trims attach.

However, given your location and what I would imagine is a distinct shortage of 205 GTi's, I'm sure that you could adapt a base model bumper to fit and look reasonable without too much effort. I've not personally done it, but in principle I don't think it would be that difficult to do unless I've overlooked something.

thank you for your answer.

cheers

steve@cornwall

thank you for your answer.

cheers

Very easy to adapt. If you look at the ends of both it's very obvious where to cut... I prefer to adapt a genuine Peugeot base model bumper than use the cheap pattern ones with little strength.

omri617

You are absolutely right I will look for genuine bumper