• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
309jazzpanda

205 Brake Diameters

309jazzpanda

Hey guy's i've tried searching but no matches, can anyone tell me the diameter for the 1600 gti front vented discs and the 1900 vented front disc diameter.

Also my car is a 93 with a tu engine so would the hubs match that of a saxo, I mean would the calipers fit on the original hub?

Thanks, Andy

Tom Fenton

Both 1.6 and 1.9 brakes are 247mm dia vented. Discs are different offset to suit the hubs. Don't know Re: the Saxo question.

welshpug

vented saxo+106 are the same as 1.9 205, though a quick search of part suppliers, or even this site would have told you that ;)

bar the 1.6 205 gti and the rare 106 cupcars all 205 and saxo/106/306/zx/xsara hubs are the same offset.

as are many other psa vehicles, though the larger ones have a larger radius to the caliper mounting lugs.

dch1950

and the answer was ....

welshpug

and the answer was ....

in the two posts above.

309jazzpanda

vented saxo+106 are the same as 1.9 205, though a quick search of part suppliers, or even this site would have told you that ;)

bar the 1.6 205 gti and the rare 106 cupcars all 205 and saxo/106/306/zx/xsara hubs are the same offset.

as are many other psa vehicles, though the larger ones have a larger radius to the caliper mounting lugs.

So will saxo vtr calipers fit a tu engined 205, or are the hubs the same just different drive flange?

Oh I forgot to ask will the 14" pepperpots fit over the 1.9 calipers?

Edited by 309jazzpanda

pug_ham
So will saxo vtr calipers fit a tu engined 205, or are the hubs the same just different drive flange?

Oh I forgot to ask will the 14" pepperpots fit over the 1.9 calipers?

Base model & 1.6 hub bodies are the same but use a different driveflange & discs.

The 1.9 GTI hub is a completely diffeent casting with a bigger wheel bearing & different driveflange again.

What mix of hubs & calipers are you wanting to fit under the 14" rims? 1.6 GTI hubs & 1.9 calipers clear under the 14" speedline alloys in my experience.

g

309jazzpanda

well I was wondering about wherther i could put the 1.6 calipers and discs (which I cant remember whether they're vented) on to my hubs and get the 14's over them mines the ma box you see.