• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
2ltrrabbit

Brakes

2ltrrabbit

Hi,

i have a 205 1.6 will the 1.9 brakes bolt straight on?

regards

Obey_R

Sorry to be a bit blunt, but this has been covered hundreds of times, so with a quick search (either through the site, or google) you will have endless amounts of threads to choose from.

Also, please be more specific with your thread names in the future. You're already posting in the Brakes, Suspension and Steering sub-forum, so a thread title of 'Brakes' is pretty pointless. The more accurate the thread title, the easier it is for people, like you, to search for the same problem in the future.

2ltrrabbit

i guess you dont know the answer! or you would have replied with a something usefull like Yes or No.

cheers

Leon

Yes.

You need the 1.9 caliper, carrier, pads, and bolts (The 1.6 bolts are much too long to use with 1.9 calipers) Remember that if you are buying brand new calipers they will not come with the necessary carriers or bolts.

You retain the 1.6 discs.

I did this conversion for the third time last week and would recommend it to any 1.6 owner.

Obey_R

i guess you dont know the answer! or you would have replied with a something usefull like Yes or No.

cheers

Wrong. I know the answer because I did this on my car only a few months ago. I could have spoon fed you the answer, or you could have done a search like I did and read up about it.

2ltrrabbit

Leon,

cheers for the reply, much more usefull than the chump befor....

Obey_R

I'll take that as a compliment!

barratt-flump-twist-best.jpg

Oh wait, you said chump :unsure:

ash mi16

Yes.

You need the 1.9 caliper, carrier, pads, and bolts (The 1.6 bolts are much too long to use with 1.9 calipers) Remember that if you are buying brand new calipers they will not come with the necessary carriers or bolts.

You retain the 1.6 discs.

I did this conversion for the third time last week and would recommend it to any 1.6 owner.

im doin this to my 1.6 gti after the new year :D

welshpug

don't bother, just fix what you have :)