• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
swordfish210

Rear Caliper Fittings

swordfish210

Hey all, for you guys who are using braided lines on the rear with discs i want to know what type of fittings you have on there. I currently have straight ones on there from when the ride height was up a bit but now the end of the pipe is almost touching the body as the car is running much lower so i want to build some new lines for the rear and i'm not sure whether to use Banjo fittings or 90 degree ones.

I can see the advantages and disadvantages of both but i'd like to see what everyone else has done.

Tom Fenton

I have used 45 deg banjos.

Matt180

straight worked fine for me. On the back side of the hub there are some m6 tapped holes. I used those with stanless 'P' clips to hold the secure the hose.

swordfish210

Cheers Tom.

Matt, i won't be using straights again as they're nearly contacting the body and under some suspension load they'll probably hit it and i don't want to risk snapping the things off

Tom Fenton

You just need to spend 5 min with a file and make a nice flat spot face around the fluid inlet for the copper washers to seal against.

swordfish210

Ah nice one, i hadn't really thought about the faces not being flat