• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jon.ford

Supplier Rose Joined Arm / Wishbone

jon.ford

I have recently broken one of my bottom wish bones tore out Rose joint (front end into a bank at speed) My arm looks slightly different to others on forum, can any one recommend a supplier I don't really want to spent the £600 they are on eBay for.

Thanks Jon Ford

brumster

You've kind of answered your problem there, in so much as the old addage "pay peanuts; get monkeys". Particularly with competition use, where they are getting a lot of hammering. My arms are the more expensive of the available options (mainly due to the spec of the ball joints) and have lasted me 10 years of competition use now - including forest stages. I've only ever had to replace one joint and that was after driving the wheel into and over a 2-course wall at Caerwent. When you think about the price, but put it into the context of lost events (or even your own personal safety, if we're talking about some of the REAL cheap options), I don't think it's really worth pondering for long... ;)

jon.ford

You've kind of answered your problem there, in so much as the old addage "pay peanuts; get monkeys". Particularly with competition use, where they are getting a lot of hammering. My arms are the more expensive of the available options (mainly due to the spec of the ball joints) and have lasted me 10 years of competition use now - including forest stages. I've only ever had to replace one joint and that was after driving the wheel into and over a 2-course wall at Caerwent. When you think about the price, but put it into the context of lost events (or even your own personal safety, if we're talking about some of the REAL cheap options), I don't think it's really worth pondering for long... ;)

jon.ford

I understand what your saying went off over 60 mph bank was quite hard I think any arm would have broken joint ripped out of thread the Rose joint is fine.

danny56712

Do u mind me asking what prices were?

jon.ford

Do u mind me asking what prices were?

No problem I paid £420 Inc vat

205wrc

And for £420 you get these :D

035-2.jpg

039.jpg

044.jpg

043.jpg

fatony1

I have the same arms, very good product and a very nice bloke, he even posted them before my cheque cleared!

welshpug

any idea what the pins are made from?

205wrc

EN24 Steel