• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
fatony1

Rose-Jointed Wishbones...

fatony1

Got round to fitting my rose-jointed 'bones tonight, horray! However, after bolting them to the subframe, i can't get the 'pins' in the hubs through the rosejoints, there just isnt enough movement. It's possible without the driveshafts in, but obvliously once the pins are in, it's impossible to get the shafts in. I can locate them if i wind the rosejoints right out, but this pulls the driveshafts out of the box, and you obvliously can't wind the joints back in when they are in the pins. Are you meant to slide the rosejoints onto the pins before bolting the wishbones to the subframe? If this is the case, is there a common known measurement/amount of exposed threads to mimic the amount of camber 309 wishbones give?

dcc

put the pins in then bolt the wishbone to subframe? Never had to do it that way though, althought I dont have rose jointed lower arms.

Edited by dcc

welshpug

undo the hub nuts should help :)

fatony1

It's the only way i see it's possible? Obvliously with normal wishbones/balljoints the joint pivots from the bottom so it's easy to slide into the hole in the hub, the 'pins' for the rosejoints are pushed DOWN through the hole in the hub and are solid so don't move at all.

fatony1

undo the hub nuts should help :)

Ain't even got the hub nuts on yet :(

welshpug

driveshafts will not pull out of the box then :)

fatony1

No I mean to get the pin through the rose joint , with the shafts in, I have to wind the rose joint so far out of the arm it's only held in by 4 or 5 threads, and it I was to leave it like this, the driveshafts would pull out of the box at the first corner surely?? Not to mention having mega camber??

fatony1

Hmm sorry maybe I'm not explaining it very well :( I'll have another try tomorrow but it just wasnt having any of it tonight!

fatony1

Does anyone know roughly how far the rose joints need to be wound out to achieve similar camber as 309 wishbones?

johnnyboy666

pic might help explain

fatony1

I'll see what I can do tomorrow ;)

Baz

Ant, next time just call me!!

Using this pic for reference;

205_wishbone_2.jpg

You need to take the pins out of the wishbones, fit them in the hubs, fit the shafts and then re-fit the wishbone up to the pins if you get what i mean!

Like a 405 that has the ball joint upside down essentially, attached to the hub, the wishbone then has a hole for the BJ pin, secured by a nut on the bottom, like this;

Edited by Baz