• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
JoshGti

One Touch Windows W/illumination

JoshGti

Okay so after reading an upgrade your 205 thread And reading all the little touches people do to upgrade their cars I thought I'd do a quick write up on how I installed my one touch windows.

Before I start all of this is only applicable if you want your switch to illuminate, if you just want one touch without illumination then just complete step 1.

Things you will need; Soldering iron and solder, small side cutters, window switch from mk1 Renault Clio, matched resistor and led.

This is what the switch looks like from the Clio. Part number is dav 015

th_8c873c68.jpg

Setup; A flat surface with a soldering mat or station and your tools. Set out and tools and your switch.

th_c79041cc.jpg

Step 1. The easiest part - cut off part or all of the tab on the side where the plugs grooves sit so that the pug plug with fit.

th_a056dd66.jpg

Step 2. Knock the top off the switch to reveal the top circuit.

th_b16f635c.jpg

Step 3. Use your fingers to wiggle out the original bulb.

th_857b91c3.jpg

Step 4. Solder in the resistor to the corner pin as the two original centre holes are both negative when plugged into the 205

th_2ad3d8c1.jpg

Step 5. Trim the negative leg to solder it into the hole and solder the positive leg to the resistor.

th_96553dbf.jpg

Step 6. Trim the legs from the resistor and led and put the cap on, plug in et voila!

th_5222737c.jpg

Excuse the quality of some of the photos, but I'm sure you'll get the idea. Really easy way to get illuminated one touch windows in your 205!

Note. This will only work for 1 of the switches that controls the passenger side window not both, I have installed the one touch on the drivers side but you can put it passengers if you wish. As on of the one touch switches I bought as a pair with a passenger switch so i took the cap off it and put it on my 205 switch base with an led inside so that illuminates also, it is however not 1 touch from the passenger seat, only the drivers.

Miles

Just use the switch's from a 405, they are lit as std, Well the Mi's are at least

JoshGti

I will be on the lookout for a 405 switch for the pas side as I'm a bit unhappy with how tight all the soldering is with the resistor as well. If I had sense I would have cut the plug wire and ran it in-line, but what's done is done :lol::)

Henry Yorke

Don't you need a module to control the one touchness like in the 405 or does the Renault switch have it all included in one.

I found the 405 switches were the same as 205 ones but with a little yellow bulb holder in them and the same effect can be got from adding a very small bulb across the connectors on the top. It was a 15 years ago when I did this though so I may be slightly wrong.

cRaig

Yeah, the 405 ones come with a Bitron Video control module which needs to be wired in (live for up and down, and an earth IIRC).

I havent looked into illuminating them yet.

JoshGti

As said, for illumination the 405 one plugs straight in and have a yellow box/cap with a bulb. But wont single touch without the control box wiring in, Not sure if this is capable of controlling both windows?

And Henry the Renault switch has it all built in, it's twice the depth of a standard switch as it has 2 little circuit boards inside. I know some have used Renault 19 switches also but they look horrible IMO.

I bought 3 to do one in each slot then found it won't work with them in both passenger window slots, hence the use of the passenger one.