• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
happygoron

Replace Front Strut Mounting Plate

happygoron

Hey,

Stupidly managed to shear a bolt on the top mouting for the front strut earlier (if you have a spare check the wanted section!). Ovbiously I need to replace this and was wondering if it's possible to do without removing the whole strut? If I do have to remove the whole strut does anyone know a good source of the strech bolts for the hub joint that I'd have to replace?

welshpug

baz sells the pinch bolts, but your local pug/citroen dealer should have some on the shelf, or any local fasteners place.

depends if the stud has snapped flush or not, if its a nice flat shear you can drill it out to M8 and pop a bolt in from underneath and a nut on top with it all still on the car, might need to undo the nuts and rotate the strut top to gain better access.

Cameron

If it isn't a flat shear you can always file / grind it flat then drill from there. :)

happygoron

Sorry for delay, been away.

Looking closer in a break in the rain earlier it doesn't look much easier to drill out that it will be to drop the strut, looks like I'd still have to compress the spring so it's only 4 bolts (droplink, 2 at top and pinch bolt at bottom) to remove the strut then isn't it?