• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
lahondal

Balljoint Extenders....

lahondal

Hi.

I´m thinking last days on my 205 turbo project, and on its suspension specs...

I heard of the balljoint extenders, but I heard too of the problems with it...so...what about raising the subframe bolts? Welding a flange maybe...2 or 3 centimetres up?

And, what do you think on doing a turreted rear, but retaining the original torsion bars? Only welding a turret on each side and fitting a larger shocks in vertical position, it will have it a 1:1 ratio, in front of the 4:1 original ratio....

I can´t make adjustments, but it´s an upgrade....

Un saludo.

welshpug

raising the steering rack works, better than using balljoint extenders.

as does upright rear dampers, Colin Satchel (eeyore) does both but you will struggle to find any exact details as it has taken him quite some time to get his arrangements to work as he wants them to, though he may be willing to give you pointers :)

lahondal

So I must try it, it can be a vast improvement. I can raise the wishbone bolts, and lower the steering balljoints to match the same angle.

For the upright rear dampers, it cant be so difficult, cut a hole in the chassis, weld a vertical tube, and strengthen it with the roll cage structure.