• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
barry d

Raceland Coilovers

Anthony

PolyRACE Red ones are the ones to have in my and many others' experiences, despite some people claiming that more recent ones aren't so good, there's people on here, myself included that have been running them for years and thousands (30k+ iirc Anthony?) of miles without issue.

Standard Pug OE ones are also very good if you don't want uprated.

The Polysport (yellow) and Polyrace (red) that Rally Design sell certainly used to be very good, and yes did 30k+ miles on my car and I know others that have been running them for years for primarily track use.

I say "used to be" because Paul_13 on here recently had a set that failed within a few weeks - clearly it could be a one off and he was just unlucky, but it could also be that they've changed the design/spec/material slightly since I last bought them and they're now just as bad as some other bushes on the market.

edbar

Appreciated, but going by your username you're still p!ssing about with Weber 45's when most people have been there, done that and moved into the 21st century. ;)

No offence but if you're going to post trying to ridicule others, you won't mind if i do the same to you. ;)

Steady on im using carbs because I couldnt afford throttle bodies at the time and had no intention of building the engine up to what it is today, knowing what i know now and after all the trouble my 45's have given me after the contaminated fuel pump was used bodies are alot simpler to use and diagnose faults with etc we all know they are better. However my car is and always will be a compromise due to the fact I do not have the budget to fit the best of everything, thats the whole point of having a cheap trackday car! But after being in alot of differant 205's with various set ups it is very true that you get what you pay for, my fave so far is spiky's bilstien set up. You get what you pay for, had a great meeting with the guys from bilstien one of the guys from germany was over and popped in to chat about how the market is changing with o.e as well as performance towards cheap chinese products that is why they are concentrating on active damping because the chinese dont have the technolagy to do it yet. Personally I would rather hold out a little longer and save to get a better product.

damien

back to racelands.....

ive got a new set in the garage i was planning on fitting to the estste as ive got a leaking shock. as said before they are highly rated on the 306 forum but common sence (which i dont have) state that you get what you payed for.

Strictly_Derv

All I was/ am trying to say is that for the £150 they are good for what they are. I may have been lucky (I'm using Rokkors which are the same I believe) I personally can't slate them for what they do and the price they are.

I have adjusted them plenty of times so haven't had a problem there either.

I'd like to make it clear also to a few members that i'm not saying these are the best you can get. I'm only 20, and this is the first car i've owned and modified so yes I don't know everything about 205's and whats the best set-up. I'm still learning.

I only bought the Rokkors as I wanted my car lowered and to be adjustable as i'm always changing wheels/tyre sizes (if you'v ever seen a standard Dturbo you will understand lol body rolls epic too :lol: ) and I havn't had a problem with them............ yet.

allye

I'm only 20,

Yer! some one younger than me! I turned 21 couple weeks ago :P

Strictly_Derv

I must be the youngest member. Everyone's old on here :P

TBC WEBER 45s

I must be the youngest member. Everyone's old on here :P

yes and smells of wee :lol:

TBC WEBER 45s

just found out one of my mates have got a set of these on his aster van he says cheep and cheer full :) but you get what you pay for :excl:

Rippthrough

Highly rated on the 306 forum - apart from those people complaining about them going coil bound, the ones searching for new springs to stop them bouncing off the bumpstops, the couple that are leaking oil, the set that smashed the pistons off the bottom and the people who've tried a car on Gaz/Bilstien, etc, and are switching as soon as they can you mean?

Yep, great.

Edited by Rippthrough

Anthony

Highly rated on the 306 forum - apart from those people complaining about them going coil bound, the ones searching for new springs to stop them bouncing off the bumpstops, the couple that are leaking oil, the set that smashed the pistons off the bottom and the people who've tried a car on Gaz/Bilstien, etc, and are switching as soon as they can you mean?

Yep, great.

If Carlsberg did replies.... :lol:

welshpug

and IIRC Phill has taken a set apart so knows what the knackered poor quality innards look like ;)

Pugs in Pieces

i know a fair few of the saxo and 106 boys around here use raceland coilovers, even a good friend who drives like a loon uses them, they all say they are pretty good..........for the few months they last. then the false economy is realised.

Edited by Pugs in Pieces

Cameron

Not wanting to be too judgemental of Saxo and 106 drivers, but.. can anyone see where I'm going with this?

Money > sense

Lower > comfort or performance

Batfink

Not wanting to be too judgemental of Saxo and 106 drivers, but.. can anyone see where I'm going with this?

Money > sense

Lower > comfort or performance

Most just see that their car is cheap so parts for it should be cheap...

Baz

Akin to 205's unless you're building something that barely resembles a 205 anymore.