• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
barry d

Raceland Coilovers

barry d

i have been offered a set of raceland coilover very cheap ,they are in good condition.are they any good as i have not heard of raceland before.

welshpug

in short, NO.

Baz

Pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

TBC WEBER 45s

there £153 new on ebay for full kit front and back :lol: as above nuts :)

barry d

thanks for the advice lads.i was thinking that they were a bit to cheap to be any good. :)

Edited by barry d

Strictly_Derv

They'r ok, been using them for a year or so.

The rear shocks are softer than standard GTI's so I got some stiffer one to compensate.

Batfink

they are rubbish. Look at the price new. They are cheaper than most 'budget' normal struts. Its not difficult to understand they are low quality parts.

Strictly_Derv

they are rubbish. Look at the price new. They are cheaper than most 'budget' normal struts. Its not difficult to understand they are low quality parts.

They aren't actually that bad. Build quality can't be that bad if they've been on my daily over rough country roads for over a year. Alot of people use them on Pug306.net and have had no problems.

And the handling is 10x better than the standard monster truck set-up :lol:

If you want a cheap set of adjustable height suspension then go for it. If you want some hard-core track suspension for 4x the price then go for that

I'm not saying they are the best but they are not crap like people say. For the price IMO they are very good

welshpug

And the handling is 10x better than the shot o.e suspension

;)

Cameron

If all you care about is lowering your car to the deck then sure, go for it.

TBC WEBER 45s

and lexs rear lamps

and 6in dustbin exhaust

and 18in you no

hammmmmmmm

1.1 saxo :lol:

barry d

well im rebuilding my 205 as a road car that i can also use on an odd track day.what would u think would be the best setup to go for?

welshpug

100% standard :)

Cameron

Eibach lowering springs on Bilstein dampers.

TBC WEBER 45s

well im rebuilding my 205 as a road car that i can also use on an odd track day.what would u think would be the best setup to go for?

how much have you got :excl: i would start with your bush`s up front and back and put polyurethane on :)

Miles

Another bad thing to do I'm afraid, polyurethane (Namely powerflex) are worse than std, flex more and last 5 minutes

johnnyboy666

Love the way the only person with actual experience of them is ignored, then professor txt spk offers advice :ph34r:

TBC WEBER 45s

Another bad thing to do I'm afraid, polyurethane (Namely powerflex) are worse than std, flex more and last 5 minutes

yep i have got powerflex on the front and bbm on the back grp n with billsteins you think std bush`s are better :wacko: and i have had them for a bit and never had a problem :excl:

welshpug

yup, standard are better and cheaper (than the purple wotsits anyway) :D

Batfink

They aren't actually that bad. Build quality can't be that bad if they've been on my daily over rough country roads for over a year. Alot of people use them on Pug306.net and have had no problems.

And the handling is 10x better than the standard monster truck set-up :lol:

If you want a cheap set of adjustable height suspension then go for it. If you want some hard-core track suspension for 4x the price then go for that

I'm not saying they are the best but they are not crap like people say. For the price IMO they are very good

I've seen plenty collapse due to premature fatigue. I've seen many go coilbound due to the dampers and springs being way too soft. As I used to sell other Raceland products I got to see the issues customers had. It was enough that I never recommended these to any customer. Personally I think you've been lucky.

Ever adjusted the height since you got them? If not you will most likely have another issue if you try now

Edited by Batfink

Cameron

Polyrace bushes from Rally Design are the ones to go for, I never had issues with premature wear on mine.

Baz

You don't need experience to know that something such as a suspension damper will be crap if it's cheap, hardly rocket science is it.

I love it how this forum is now full of noobs with comparitively FA experience of various setups that actually have the audacity to poo-poo those that have clearly been around a long time and experienced ALOT of different setups on 205's. Open your eyes.

If cheap known brands are less than adequate, how are these going to be any good?

It's very clear who knows what they're talking about and who doesn't! For starters, some people play with 205's for a living and have been since the were NEW. Therefore it's very much in their interest to know what works and what doesn't, who the hell are you to think you know better because your ONE 205 works ok. Compared to what? Try to be a little broader-minded please.

Powerflex bushes are s*it i'm afraid, they don't last on 205's but it does seem to depend slightly on how they're fitted, although ultimately makes little difference.

PolyRACE Red ones are the ones to have in my and many others' experiences, despite some people claiming that more recent ones aren't so good, there's people on here, myself included that have been running them for years and thousands (30k+ iirc Anthony?) of miles without issue.

Standard Pug OE ones are also very good if you don't want uprated.

Edited by Baz

Baz

yep i have got powerflex on the front and bbm on the back grp n with billsteins you think std bush`s are better :wacko: and i have had them for a bit and never had a problem :excl:

Appreciated, but going by your username you're still p!ssing about with Weber 45's when most people have been there, done that and moved into the 21st century. ;)

No offence but if you're going to post trying to ridicule others, you won't mind if i do the same to you. ;)

allye

I have to say I was suprised earlier when some one would have the cheek to argue with the might over lord of all things 205 that is lord Miles :lol:

Although that was a little harsh Baz, genrally strictly derv is good forum member who contributes good stuff!

Baz

I have to say I was suprised earlier when some one would have the cheek to argue with the might over lord of all things 205 that is lord Miles :lol:

Although that was a little harsh Baz, genrally strictly derv is good forum member who contributes good stuff!

It wasn't actually aimed at anyone in particular, or even this thread alone, more a general view of late. My apathy just wasn't strong enough and perhaps i didn't add enough lol's. :ph34r: